Chapter 9: Chicago Commute

"Yes, Teuvo. I'm walking to the train now. Yes, I'm safe. No one is trying to hit on me I'm not that pretty." you reassured your worried boyfriend on the other line.

Its been a few weeks since you started your new job tutoring. You loved it. Sharing your passion with others and helping them succeed at it and showing them a different way to look at learning a language as not just a subject.

Today, you left a bit later than normal and that had Teuvo worried as hell that you weren't home yet. You stayed a little later with a teenage girl who needed help in French for her ACT.

"Ok, baby. Wanted to let you know I'm grilling steaks and baked potatoes for when you come home." he said sweetly into the phone.

"Thank you so much, T. I'm walking onto the train now my reception is about to get cut off, I will be home in like 15 minutes."

"Okay hon. Be safe. Love you." He said

"Love you too, T."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once you got home, the smell of steak filled the room and you were in love. You gave some love to your puppy and then walked in the kitchen to see Teuvo setting the table.

"You are seriosuly the best boyfriend ever." You said, hugging him wile he kissed the top of your head.

"Let's eat. I wanna hear about your day. How did the ACT tutoring go?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You know, Christmas is coming up. My family really wants to meet you." You said, kind of nervous for his reaction.

"I really want to meet your family too. How about this, we spend the weekend of Christmas at your parents' place, and then we fly out to Finland? In Europe, Christmas is celebrated for so long. Its like a month long celebration. My family wants to meet my beautiful girlfriend." He said, compromising with your requests and his.

"That sounds great! I was actually going to call my mom later so I will definitely tell her!" you said happy, "Oh and we need to get to the store sometime this week. Isn't the family ugly christmas sweater skate thing soon?"

"Yes! We need to be the hottest couple there." He

"Goodnight Reg. I love you so much." Teuvo said before passionately kissing you at your front door.

"I love you more, Teravainen." you responded.

"That. Is. Impossible." He said, pausing in-between words to kiss both your cheeks, and then your lips sweetly.

"I will see you tomorrow babe." You said

"Sleep tight. I love you."

"And I love you. Get home safe." you said closing the door as he walked down the stairs out into the cold Chicago winter air.

You really didn't want to push things with Teuvo, but you two were literally with each other all the time and it was getting annoying going back and forth between your houses and then having to say goodbye at night instead of just snuggling in bed together. You hoped he would ask you to move in with him, maybe even get a new apartment together. Maybe after the winter break and your trip to Finland. :)

Author's Note!

Quick Chapter! Next one will be longer. I need your opinion though. Should the next chapter be both when they are at Regan's family's house AND when they are with Teuvo's family in Finland or should that be separate chapter? I was thinking separate chapters. Unless y'all would rather it all together.