Chapter 10: A Hockey Family

"I am so excited to meet your family and spend Christmas with them!" Teuvo beamed as you two drove to your parents suburban house about 2 hours outside of Chicago.

"They are going to love you!" You said sweetly, holding his hand as the other one was rested on the steering wheel.

~~~~

You and Teuvo arrived at your parents house at around 6:00 and it was already dark out. You planned on eating dinner with them before your little siblings had to go to bed.

"MOM! DAD! WE'RE HERE!" you yelled walking into the house.

"I'm coming!" Your mom yelled back.

"Oh my goodness, Regan, how are you? I haven't seen you since August! You look wonderful." your mom gushed over you as she took a step back to make sure you weren't too thin or anything like that.

"You must be Teuvo! It's so great to finally meet you! We here such good things about you honey!" Your mom continued as she pulled your boyfriend into a big hug.

"Its so nice to meet you Mrs. Smith!" He said genuinely as he returned the hug.

"Please Teuvo, call me Lisa! Regan, your father and the boys should be home soon, they're on their way home from the rinks. Once they come home we can start barbecuing"

"Okay! We are just going to unload the car." You shouted back walking out of the house and into the freezing air.

~~~

You were now sitting with Teuvo at the barstool in your kitchen while your mom prepared the food. You were just talking about your daily lives in Chicago and about Teuvo and your mom really liked him which was a good thing.

"Can you believe Regan is dating a Chicago Blackhawk?!" Your youngest brother James, who is 9, exclaimed walking into the house from the garage.

"I know right! We can ask him so many questions!" Your other brother Patrick yelled back who was only two years older than James.

"We have to get out on the outdoor rink with him." Your brother Brandon who was 14, said back.

By the time their little fangirl conversation was over they had come close enough to see the two of you sitting there before they ran up to both of you and stood in front of Teuvo starstruck. They bombard him with everything hockey all at once and Teuvo tried his best to understand the questions they were rambling.

"BOYS!" You dad yelled to get their attention "Bags. Garage. Now." he said sternly pointing to the garage where your brothers had to unpack their gear and put it on the shelves to dry.

"Hi Mr. Smith its great to meet you." Teuvo said a bit scared, as he stuck out his hand for your dad to shake before your dad pulled him into a man hug.

"Nice to meet you too son! But call me John." he said warmly before greeting you.

"Alright lets get cooking I'm starving!' Your mom said. "Teuvo, honey, is steak and baked potatoes okay?"

"That sounds amazing, thank you." He said politely.

~~~

After dinner, Teuvo agreed to go in the basement and play NHL 15 with your brothers, while you helped your mom clean up.

"He really is a great guy. Such a gentlemen. He's a keeper, kiddo." Your mom said nudging you.

"He really is. I can't imagine my life any different without him." You said back fantasizing about spending the rest of your life with Teuvo.
~~~~

"Okay guys, give me my boyfriend back." You said walking into your decked out basement. It was a hockey fan's dream man cave. Blackhawks banners and signed jerseys everywhere, an air hockey table, a flat screen and an Xbox.

"You can rent him tomorrow for pond hockey." You said while pulling your boyfriend off the couch as he gripped your hand.

"Okayyy fineeeee." they all whined. "See you tomorrow Teuvo!!" the two younger ones said in sync. "Don't have too much fun tonight. My room is right next to yours." brandon said wiggling his eyebrows.

"You are disgusting Brandon." you scoffed back to your pervy teenage brother.

~~~

"Good night Princess, I love you." Teuvo said as he kissed your head sweetly, while you snuggled deeper into his chest which smelled of his cologne.

"I love you too, T." you said back, squeezing his torso tighter as you clung on and drifted into sleep feeling safe with him near you.

Authors Note!

So I might make Christmas at Regan's family multiple chapters before moving onto the part in Finland. Only if thats okay with you guys!

If anyone is going to the parade on Thursday, YOU LUCKY BITCHES. love you guys! Thanks for all the vote and keep commenting on what you want to see more of. :) XOXO