Chapter 13: When in Finland Dress Like the Finnish

Illinois did get really cold, but never this cold. Besides the thought of getting hypothermia, Finland was so much fun. Especially Christmas Day.

Teuvo's family was in love with you, and most of them already wanted to start wedding planning. All of T's relatives took a very quick liking to you.

Since you were only there a week, Teuvo took you all around the town, and showed you all the best places in Helsinki. He showed you where he grew up playing hockey, and where he went to school.

Christmas morning was a blast, and Teuvo's mom bought you gifts and even left them under the tree.

~~~

On the last day of your trip, Teuvo and you got all packed up and said your goodbyes. Teuvo's mom started crying because she won't be able to see you for at least another 6 months. And because her baby boy was going back to America.

Teuvo's dad drove you both to the airport and said a final good bye before checking your suitcases and heading into the building for security check.

"Thank you for coming with me. I think my family likes you more than they like me!" Teuvo said, as you sat waiting for the speaker to call your boarding number.

"It was the most amazing experience, babe. I love you." You said looking up at him and kissing his cheek.

"I love you more."

~~~

The nearly 9 hour flight was exhausting, but it was spent with movies, card games, music and lots of candy for the two of you.

During the flight, Teuvo asked you the question you had been hoping for. He wanted you to move in with him since you both were very serious.

"I think that is a great idea. I thought you'd never ask." You told him truthfully.

"Would you like to look for a new apartment. I have only a studio." He said, slightly embarrassed.

"Of course!!"

And that is just what you two did. The jet lag hadn't quite kicked in yet, and while it was nearly 3 am in Chicago, it was 10 am in Helsinki, so you two were eating what felt like a normal breakfast and went online apartment shopping at your place.

author's note!
HELLO LOVES!!!! DO NOT FEAR!!! i am finally back. i literally haven't updated in like 30 years but i was away on vaca for most of the summer and when i got back i really didn't have the motivation to update any of my stories AT ALL. of course this chapter is really bad because it's more of a catchup chapter for both you guys and me. my writing skills are a little weak since i took some time off, but once i get back into the swing of things, the chapters should start getting more interesting. leave some comments of what you would like to see happen in future chapters! i hope you all had a fun summer and OCTOBER IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER LADIES.