Misunderstanding (Noah/Mirage)

Mirage had been gone for three weeks, but today, he was back. he was excited. he rolls quietly into the garage to see his partner, or at least his partners legs. Mirage is confused. there's an ugly beast in Mirages parking spot. the mech growls, closing the large bay door so no one sees him transform.

"Noah, what the fuck is that?" Mirage huffs, glaring across the garage at his partner. Noahs under a car, thats NOT Mirage, working happily. the man jerks, under the car.

"shit you scared me." Noah mutters, his legs shift as he moves under the car. "s'car 'Raj." Noah says. "its a Volkswagen 411." Noah adds. Mirage looks over the ugly old rusty car.

"what the fuck is it doing here?" Mirage glares.

"oh, one of the Joes gave it to me." Noah grins, pushing out from under the car. he pauses immediately, looking worried at the anger Mirage is expressing with his facial plates. "uh... Mirage? you okay?" Noah asks hesitantly.

"okay? okay? no! that piece of shit is stealing MY human!" Mirage snaps. Noah chuckles softly, smiling at him.

"Mirage, hey, I'm not replacing you with this car. I promise." Noah assures gently, smiling.

"its in my spot. its in the garage. why is it here?" Mirage glares. he pauses and his shoulders droop. "did I do something wrong?" Mirage asks. Noah jumps up quickly walking towards him.

"no, Mirage, hey! its not like that I promise." Noah says quickly, holding his hands up towards Mirage. "hey, I'm seriously not gonna replace you with that shitty thing." Noah adds.

"well, why is it here then?" Mirage huffs, pouting. Noah smiles reassuringly, waving the bot down towards him. Mirage pouts at him, but Noah just waves him down again. Mirage is stubbornly pouting at the car.

"come on, come down here." Noah murmurs. Mirage crouches down. he looks annoyed and hurt. Noah cups Mirages cheeks the best he can, resting his forehead against Mirages. "I know its in your spot, I'm gonna move it as soon as I can get it running. I'm not replacing you, its just back up, alright? its easier to get Kris to the hospital with a car and sometimes, you have to go on missions or you have meetings or patrols. its just an emergency back up for when you're not here, promise." Noah murmurs softly. he smiles at the mech again. Mirage is still pouting. "that scrap metal isn't stealing me, as a matter of fact, its got three flat tires and the engine is on my work bench. its not really going anywhere, 'Raj. it wouldn't get far if it did try to steal me. okay?" Noah ask.

"why is it in my spot?" Mirage mumbles.

"they brought it in by tow truck. I wasn't here when they dropped it off. I couldn't tell them to move it." Noah murmurs, smiling at him gently. "as soon as I get it running, I'll move it, I promise. I'm not going to replace you with that thing, its just an emergency back up, alright?" Noah adds. "remember how you were on patrol and Kris had an accident? his body was just weak and he fell down the stairs... we couldn't afford an ambulance and one of the Joes was incredible to stop in and take us to the ER. if you were here I know you would've taken us, but you weren't here. we need this car just in case you're not here." Noah says softly. "okay?" Noah asks.

"okay." Mirage murmurs. Noah smiles.

"okay." Noah smiles, pulling his hands back. "oops." Noah chuckles.

"what?" Mirage pouts.

"sorry man, I guess I should've cleaned my hands up first." Noah snorts, looking at his grease covered hands, then back up to Mirages face. he'd left hands prints and smudges on the mechs cheeks. "I left smudges, hang on." Noah says. he walks off and cleans his hands, then comes back with a towel. Mirage hasn't moved from his spot. Noah smiles at him and carefully cleans the grease off the mechs face. "so, forgive me?" Noah asks, watching him. Mirage stares at him a moment and smiles slightly, snatching the man quickly as he stands to his full height. he cuddles him happily.