Chapter 6

1 Year, 4 Months Later...

Sunghoon ruffled a few kids' hair as he sent them out on the ice. He took a seat as he watched the kids practice. At first his new career struggled since Sunghoon didn't push students to compete in competitions. Now, his class has over ten students fully dedicated to their skating excluding competition.

 Sunoo was no different. His business did bring joy to all that passed him, but he still felt like something was lacking. That he was lacking in some way. Shortly after meeting Sunghoon they both came to the decision to date after much discussion & weighing their opinions of how a relationship should function. Let alone telling anyone about it... Their closest friends were the only ones who knew, but that didn't mean that they had always felt compatible with each other.

Sunghoon wasn't rude in any way, but he did have a cold exterior. People often think that he was arrogant because of this. Sunoo was always bubbly & sweet. However, Sunoo often chose to hide his negative feelings from others. Because of this he was seen as two-faced or a liar outright.

Sunoo closed up his stand as he waved some kids off as they left with their parents. Sunghoon was packing up when Sunoo wrapped his arms around him. "Are you free tonight ?" Sunoo asked Sunghoon, a bit shy. "저는 자유입니다. 왜요? 제가 그렇게 그리웠나요?" (I am free. Why ? Missed me that much ?) Teasing. Sunghoon enjoyed teasing his boyfriend in order to see Sunoo cutely pout or roll his eyes.

Sunoo smacked Sunghoon' arm as he laughed. "나는 말 그대로 링크장 바로 밖에 있는 내 스탠드에 있어. 어쨌든 네가 나에게서 너무 멀리 있지 않을 때 나는 네가 그리울 수 없어, 형." (I literally am at my stand right outside the rink all day. I can't miss you when you aren't too far from me anyway, hyung.)

Sunghoon smirked as he walked out of the rink with Sunoo. Their hands laced together as they eventually stopped by the stand. "어? 해바라기는 언제 옅은 노란색으로 변했나요? 괜찮은가요?" (Huh ? When did the sunflowers turn a pale yellow ? Are they okay ?) Sunoo laughed as he put a few of the sunflowers into a proper vase on his flower stand. "This is a different kind of sunflower. I discovered them recently. I knew I had to sell them here..."

Sunoo put one of the pale yellow sunflowers behind one of Sunghoon' ears. They were both smiling in silence for a few moments. Their hearts beating as one. The night air was cold, but the air between them was completely warm. Both felt at peace for these few moments when they dropped their guards & just enjoyed the company of each other.

Sunoo' eyes filled with tears as he smiled. What he was about to say was absolutely impulsive, but he was overcome with the love he had for Sunghoon. His Sunghoon. So he asked, "Shall we take that next step, hyung ? Should we get married ?"