Epilogue

1 Year Later...

Sunoo walked with Jungwon through his garden. His small flower stand became a wonderful business for him. His garden was an indoor aesthetic spot people enjoyed taking photos at. He had thought about Sunghoon from time to time, but he didn't dare go looking for him. He was dumped nearly over a year ago...

Jungwon had come with Jay, with whom he met a few months ago. "Hyung, I am impressed. Your garden looks beautiful." Sunoo smiled as he gently touched the petals of the sunflowers around them. The entire garden was full of sunflowers. The flowers got all the sunlight they could need as the garden led outside to a vast field.

 "아름답다고요? 대부분의 사람들은 해바라기의 연한 꽃잎을 조금 슬프게 생각합니다. 왜 그것들이 아름답다고 생각하나요, 중원씨?" (Beautiful ? Most find the pale petals of some of the sunflowers a bit saddening. Why do you think they look beautiful, Jungwon ?) While Jungwon began answering Sunoo, Jay met Sunghoon outside.

"Why did you want to meet at a garden, Jay hyung ? I am not interested in these kinds of places, " Sunghoon said as Jay began to walk with him. Sunghoon had been a great coach. He now was one of the top ten figure skating coaches. Late nights at the rink he'd even skate as his heart reminded him of what made him smile over a year ago. Who made him smile over a year ago...

 "Sunghoon, you've been avoiding this long enough. You & Sunoo should talk about things. It's been a year." Sunghoon scoffed as he walked with Jay absent-mindedly. "대화요? 일년 전에 우리가 관계를 끝낼 때 얘기했어요. 우리는 같은 것들이 관계에서 나오기를 원하지 않아요."(Talk ? We talked a year ago when we ended things. We don't want the same things out of a relationship.)

Jay sighed as he pointed at Sunghoon in a way that showed he was a bit fed up with how closed off Sunghoon was being when he knew that Sunghoon felt the opposite. "Go to the field then. Just think things over. A lot of things can change over a year...

Jungwon also had the same remark in his conversation with Sunoo. Now both men were headed out to the field as the sun was beginning to set.

Sunoo immediately recognized Sunghoon' figure. "Sunghoon hyung ?" This voice caused Sunghoon to freeze. He hadn't spoken to Sunoo since the day he walked away from him. His cold heart almost instantly thawed. "Oh, Sunoo ? This garden is yours ?" Awkward. Everything was absolutely awkward, but maybe it was supposed to be this way.

"보고 싶었어요, 형." (I missed you, hyung.) Sunoo opted to be honest. Even if there was a chance that Sunghoon didn't want him back in the same way. They could still be friends, right ? A warm breeze wafted over the garden causing petals to fly everywhere & fall from the sky. Time seemed just right as Sunghoon faced Sunoo, taking a pale yellow petal out of the younger' hair. "나도 보고 싶었어, 수누," (I missed you too, Sunoo,) Sunghoon said, nearly sounding like the breath was knocked out of him.

Jungwon & Jay looked on from in the enclosed area of the garden as they watched their friends. "Did Sunoo ever tell you why some of the sunflowers have pale yellow petals, Jungwon ?" The younger of the two nodded as he leaned on Jay as they watched their friends off in the distance, "Vanilla ice sunflowers... Turns out even Sunoo hyung welcomed the cold of Sunghoon hyung' frozen heart..."

THE END.

끝.