Ch. 5, Friend or Foe?

(Blood, read with caution)

Scarlet's POV

We had just finished telling Eda about our day at Hexside, when we heard some load noses outside.

Looking at each other, Eda and I grab our staffs, while Luz grabs her bat and places a could fire glyphs on it.

"It's probably Hooty fighting some guards, stay put, I'm gonna go get a better look." Before Eda could even leave the room, the door swings open.

"Hoot! We have a visitor! HOOT!" With that, Hooty spits out an owl pellat which opens up and reveals, the golden guard?

"Hunter? What are you doing here?!" I shout confused on why he would be here this late onto the night.

"I'm trying to find a place to hide." He replied sadly while looking down.

I immediately understood why. "Your uncle found out about you using wild magic, didn't he?"

He replies by giving a slight nod.

"OK, first of all, who is he? Second of all, what's going on?" I turn to Scarlet who had a confused expression.

"Hunter here is, or I guess now 'used' to be the Golden Guard. The right hand man for Emperor Belos." Eda quickly explains.

"If he used to work for the emperor, how do we know if he isn't tricking us?" Luz states while gesturing to Hunter.

"Because, Hunter has secretly been telling us the whereabouts and plans of Belos. He also helped prevent me from getting caught as well." I explain while going over and helping him up.

She still looked skeptical, but nods. "OK, if you trust him, then I guess I can try to as well." Placing her bat back down, I see Hunter perk up.

"Wait? She's human? How did a human get here?" Looking at me, curiosity flowing.

"Well, Owlbert stole her bag, and that's how she got here. At first she didn't want to stay, but then later she changed her mind." I tell, leaving put the part where she nearly died not even 2 weeks ago.

I glance over to Luz with an approving smile.

After leading Hunter to the couch, I walk to the kitchen to get some tea, his palismen Flapjack follows me.

If the emperor was now after Hunter as well, then it was going to be a lot harder to avoid guards.

Walking back to Hunter and handing him the mug, I ask, "Is there anything you want us to do about it? Or is there anything new that came up?"

"I don't know if anything can be done about this except let it settle down, however, I do have some more information." He replies with a terrified look.

I can tell Eda noticed his fear, because she sits up looking worried. Luz's expression was unreadable, but she was listening closely.

"What did you learn Hunter?" I ask resting my hand on his shoulder.

"The Collector that I told you I heard him talking to, is a star child. And I learned some traits about Titans. And they all described King very vividly." He replies, looking down at his mug.

All three of us look in King's direction who looked just as shocked.

"So, my father is?..." King, pauses mid sentence.

"Ya, he's the boiling isles." Hunter finishes. "There's something else too."

We look back at Hunter waiting for him to continue.

"There's a new illusionist coven head, and it's your mother. They're both back." He whispered the last part, but it didn't matter. After hearing 'mother', everything starting ringing and go blurry.