07

"Gods be good."

The damage is done

———

The guards lead each children into the Driftmark throne room where King Viserys stood as the maester sits Aemond on a chair and began to stitch his face.

Rhenee didn't get a look at the damage but she could care less at the moment as she held her nose in pain and cringe when more blood spilled down to her lip.

"How could you allow such a thing to happen? I will have answers." The King demanded looking towards the children then to the guards.

"The princes were supposed to be abed, My King." Ser Harrold says.

"Who had the watch?" He looks between Ser Harrold and Ser Criston.

"Young prince was attacked by his own cousins, Your Grace." Rhenee couldn't tell who answered that as her ears began to ring from the headache.

"You swore oaths to protect and defend my blood!" His breathing staggered a bit as he used his cane to show how angry he was.

"I'm very sorry, Your Grace. The Kingsguard has never had to defend princes from princes, Your Grace." Ser Criston made an excuse for himself of not watching the children on his watch.

"That is no answer!" He yelled.

"It will heal, will it not maester?" Alicent asked as she was on the verge of tears.

The maester finally completed the stitching and cleaned around the wound. "Flesh will heal. But eye is lost, Your Grace." He says.

Alicent gets up and walked over to her other sone Aegon. "Where were you?" She demanded an answer.

"Me?" Aegon asked in disbelief.

She smacked his face making Rhenee flinched.

"What was that for?" He was confused and caught off guard from his mother's actions.

"That was nothing compared to the abuse your brother suffered while you were drowning in your cups, you fool!"

Rhenee winced at her harsh words towards her uncle. Clearly it's not his fault Aemond went out his way to claim Vhagar. He was not supposed to be responsible for his brothers ambitions.

"What is the meaning of this ?" Lord Corlys asked coming down the stairs.

"Baela, Rhaena! What happened?"  Rhaenys rushed to the twins. "What happened?"

Soon the large doors open as everyone looked to see who it was. "Jace, Rhenee, Luke!" Rhaenyra searched for her kids faces. "Show me." She leans lower them she grabs each face and examining their bloody face. "Who did this?" She demanded answers for her children damages.

Aemond finally turned around from his chair as Rhenee gasped at the sight of his injury's.

"They attacked me!" He shouted.

All hell broke loose.

"He attacked Baela!" Jace shouted back

"He broke Luke and Rhenee noses!"

More screaming and yelling between the children are heard as they blamed one another once more.

"He stole my mothers dragon!" Rhaena pointed and shouted.

"Enough!"

"He was gonna kill Jace!" Rhenee defended her brother.

"I didn't do anything!"