Chapter 28 ~ The Big Question

A month had passed since Voldemort's death. Harry and I stayed with the Weasleys since the Dursleys and the Malfoys were gone. I hadn't heard from Draco ever since that night I told him that I loved him. I didn't know what he was feeling when he saw me in Hagrid's arms and thought that I was dead. I was worried that something happened to him.

While everyone was cleaning up the kitchen from lunch, I looked out the window, hoping that he would show up. Of course, why would Draco show up here? He wasn't exactly the Weasley's favorite person in the world. Besides, most likely, it could cause tension, which was something none of us needed right now, especially since we still had a lot of healing to do.

But if anything, I needed to heal with Draco as well.

"Max, you okay?" Ginny asked, making me turn around.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'll be right back," I replied, heading outside.

I walked around the house and leaned against it, thinking about Draco. I missed him so much. I was getting tired of feeling that way and I didn't want to feel that way anymore.

"Hey." I heard a voice coming from my left. I already knew who it was.

"Hey," I said back to Harry. "What do you want?"

"I want to see if you're okay," Harry replied. "Are you?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Not really."

"Is it Draco again?"

I nodded my head, turning around to face him. "Well, of course it's Draco. It's been a month, Harry. Why won't he come and see me already?"

"Maybe he's busy trying to get his life back together as well," Harry responded. "The war affected him just as much as everyone else."

I nodded my head in agreement. "I know. I just miss him so much." I walked past him so that I could go back inside the house.

"Wait, Max," he said. I turned around, facing him again. "How much do you miss him?"

"More than anything in the world," I replied. "I want to know that he's okay and that he still loves me. I want to be with him and know that nothing will stop us from being together."

Suddenly, Harry had a little grin on his face. "Why don't you tell him that right now?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked, confused.

"Turn around."

I turned around and felt my heart leap out of my chest when I saw Draco Malfoy standing in the front yard. I gasped and ran over to him as fast as I could. Once I got to him, I threw my arms around him and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back. I never wanted to let go of him.

"How did you know that I was here?" I asked after I pulled away from him.

"Where else would you be?" he said, laughing.

"Good point." I smiled at him, then kissed him fully on the lips. I also missed his lips while he was gone. Hell, I missed everything about him while he was gone. "I've missed you," I whispered to him after I pulled away from the kiss. "I've missed you a lot."

"I've missed you, too," he whispered back. "I wanted to visit you earlier, but--"

I pressed my finger onto his lips. "It's okay, Draco," I assured him. "I haven't stopped thinking about you ever since we said goodbye to each other that night. You know, your mum asked if I loved you when she was making sure that Harry and I were dead."

"Really?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, she did."

Draco was silent for a moment, then he spoke up again. "Marry me." I laughed. "No, I'm serious, Max. I want to get married."

I froze in shock as my heart was beating faster than ever before. That wasn't what I was expecting. "What?"

"Look, I know the war just ended, but I love you and you love me. We can finally be together. Nothing is stopping us this time. This feels like the right time to do this, it really does. Wouldn't you agree?"

I inhaled, feeling my eyes tearing up, trying to find the words to respond with. "Do you really want to do this, Draco?"

He nodded. "I do, Max. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life. I want you by my side. I've lost you so many times and I can't lose you again." He got down on one knee and took out a box, opening it to reveal a ring. "Let's be together forever, shall we?"

I gasped, covering my mouth with my hands. I was unsure of what to say and I was also about to cry, the wave of emotions overpowering me. He was right, though. We had lost each other so many times and now we had the chance to be together. This was what we wanted, for it to be forever.

So, I began to nod excitedly, smiling. "Yes! Yes, of course I'll marry you!"

Draco smiled and stood up as I jumped into his arms. He spun me around in circles as I heard cheering coming from the Burrow. We saw that everyone was watching us the entire time. "Well, I'm glad we pleased the audience."

I turned around and laughed at them. "At least they don't hate you anymore." That was a relief for me.

"Well, we can't have my new family hating me." Draco put me down and took the ring out from the box, sliding it on my finger.

I paid attention to the spiral band and the diamond in the center, which made me gasp. "Draco, it's beautiful," I whispered, gazing at the ring, letting it shine in the light.

"I'm glad you love it," he said.

"I also love you," I told him, smiling at him.

"I love you, too," he said back, giving me a peck on the lips. "I'm glad your brother gave me his blessing before I asked."

I laughed. "You asked Harry? How did that go?"

Draco huffed a sigh. "Well, here's what happened..."

A/N: YES! HE DID IT! DRACO PROPOSED!

I'm on a roll with this story! The next chapter is going to be another bonus chapter, so it will be in Harry's POV. :D

Max's ring is on the side. <3

Comment, vote, not that many chapters left! :D

-A