Chapter 27 ~ A New Beginning

Harry and I headed inside the Great Hall after the defeat of Lord Voldemort. We looked around at many people that were now smiling and laughing, even though all of us were exhausted, the bags under our eyes blended with dirt and blood. Ginny was with her parents and Cho gave us a weak smile and went back to talking to her friends. Dean and Seamus were talking to Aberforth and Professor Slughorn was talking to Professor Flitwick, who didn't seem to care what he was going on about. Finally, Hagrid was in front of us. He smiled at us as we gave him a hug. Then, he left the castle.

We watched as Filch began cleaning up. "That man really likes to clean," I told Harry, making him laugh.

Ron and Hermione came walking in the Great Hall, holding hands. Harry stared at them, somewhat confused.

"Oh, yeah. They're going out now," I said to him.

"When were you going to tell me this?" Harry questioned.

"Well, we were kind of busy with, you know, trying to kill Voldemort and all," I retorted.

He laughed. We walked over to Ron and Hermione and they followed us out of the castle. It was crazy that Voldemort was really gone for good. I felt relieved. I was ready to live a long and happy life without worrying that I was going to die every year. Like always, good conquered evil.

As we were walking, Harry stood at the edge of the bridge. He looked down below, not moving.

"Harry, we've cheated death numerous times now. Don't push your luck," I told him. I saw that he still had the Elder Wand in his hand.

"Why didn't the Elder Wand work for him?" Hermione asked him.

"Because it answered to somebody else," he replied. "When he killed Snape, he thought the wand would become his."

"But it never belonged to Snape," I spoke up. "When Draco disarmed Dumbledore that night in the Astronomy Tower, the wand answered to Draco."

"Until he was disarmed at Malfoy Manor," Harry added.

"Well, who disarmed him at Malfoy Manor?" Ron questioned.

"Max and I did," Harry answered.

"Is that even possible?" Ron asked. "Can two people disarm one person at the same time?"

"Well, I don't think it's ever been done before," Hermione said. "But I guess there's a first for everything."

I sighed. "Anyway, we both disarmed Draco at the same time at Malfoy Manor," I explained. "But we didn't know who the wand belonged to until now."

"So the wand belongs to you two?" Ron questioned. Harry and I nodded our heads. "What should we do with it?"

"We?" Hermione repeated in shock, turning to Ron and scoffing.

"I mean, it's the Elder Wand, Hermione!" he exclaimed. "It's the most powerful wand in the world. With that, we'd be invincible."

"Again, we?" Hermione said. "Harry and Max own the wand, not all four of us. I highly doubt that would even be possible, actually."

"Max, what do you think we should do with it?" Harry asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders in response. "I don't know. I mean, I have my own wand already. What's the point of having another one?"

Harry looked at me for a brief moment, then he looked down at the Elder Wand. He took both hands and attempted to break it.

Suddenly, I thought of something. "Harry, wait!" I said, stopping him before he broke the Elder Wand. Then, I turned to Hermione. "Is Harry's broken wand still in your bag?"

"I think so," she responded, taking out her bag and looking through it for Harry's broken wand.

When she found it, she gave it to me and then I took the Elder Wand from Harry. I pointed the Elder Wand at Harry's broken wand and muttered a spell, fixing Harry's wand. I gave his wand to him and looked down at the Elder Wand. Now that Harry's wand was fixed, what was the point of this wand? So that was when I took my hands and broke the wand in two. I looked out at the abyss from the edge of the bridge and threw the broken wand.

"Well, that's done," I announced.

"You could've sold that wand for loads of Galleons!" Ron protested.

"Yeah, Ron, let's sell the most powerful wand in the world to some stranger," I retorted, rolling my eyes at him.

"Well, we didn't have to sell it to a stranger," he pointed out.

"Selling that wand would've been the worst idea in the world," Harry said. "Besides, we don't need the money. Max and I have loads of that in our vault."

"We do?!" I asked in shock.

"Max, we've had it for years."

"And why did you wait until now to tell me this?"

"If you were the smart twin, then you would've known about it."

"I went into the vault when I was eleven and there was no money in there!"

"I know. I took it when I first went. But don't worry, I saved half of it for you."

"Really?"

"Yes. I went back later and put half of it back."

"And you didn't tell me?!"

"I kind of forgot about it until now," he admitted. "But I assumed someone would've told you, even if I didn't. Plus, we were also kind of busy with, you know, trying to kill Voldemort and all," he said, mocking me from earlier.

I playfully hit his arm. "You're lucky that I'm not going to push you off this cliff."

"After all we've been through?" he said, acting like he was taken back by what I said. "I'm kind of hurt, sis," he added, putting his hand over his chest.

"Whatever," I scoffed.

Harry laughed.

"I don't understand you two," Hermione told us.

"It's a twin thing," we said at the same time.

"Honestly, will you two stop doing that?!" Ron said in frustration.

The three of us laughed at him. After the laughter died down, we looked back at what was left of Hogwarts.

"It's been a great ride, Hogwarts," I said.

I really loved Hogwarts. It was my home ever since I was eleven. I loved everything about it. The students, the teachers, the classes, and all the memories that I made while I was here, even though over the years I was almost killed a few times. But despite all of the bad memories that I had here, they would never outweigh the good ones that I would cherish forever.

"Now what?" Harry asked.

"We start over," I replied. "We finally live a normal life, Harry. We build a new beginning."

Harry smirked. "Actually..." he started. "I think you and I still have that race to do, remember?"

I chuckled. "Oh, you're so going to lose."

With that, Harry and I ran back to the castle, our adrenaline pumping. It was almost like our laughter was echoing throughout the entire castle grounds.

A/N: Well, the war is over, but not the story! :D

I can relate to this chapter, because ya girl here graduates high school tomorrow night! :D I'll be building my own new beginning once I get that diploma.

And the score from DH Pt. 2 is at the top. It's called A New Beginning. ;)

Comment, vote, because my OTP comes back in the next chapter! :D <3

-A