Chapter 12

survive was pushed to the ground, spat at, and called a lowery street beggar. This boy was called Lan Wenyew and was the son of one of the most powerful immortals. His father was Lan Po and his mother was Lan Zu formerly known as Wen Zu the daughter of sect leader Wen. They were killed by Jang Homin leaving their five-year-old son parentless.

The Lan sect had only been created 15 years ago by Lan Wenyew's uncle. He had only met his uncle one that he can remember and it was the only time he came to the immortal realm since leaving it at fifteen. He was told his uncle wanted to help the mortals and not stand to the side and do nothing.

Without any family, five winters old Lan Wenyew wandered around China hoping to come across his uncle and the Lan Clan. Days came and passed and before he knew it had been seven months. He was tired and hungry. His sixth birthday was tomorrow and he could not go much further. He had never thought how to go without food for long periods.

Little Lan Wenyew collapsed on the ground from exhaustion and hunger. It was dark and he could not see in any direction. He was almost asleep, he smelt it before he heard it. The rotting smell of flesh and blood. In the end, he hoped this monster more well known as a zombie would kill him so he could join his parents. Even if it was only a jumping Zomie being the weakest he would not be able to protect himself.