You and I Will Walk Together Again, I Can Tell that We are Gonna Be Friends

Beyblade Burst Turbo - Count Nightfell & Kit Lopez

It seems backwards to go back to weekly updates when I start school again, but whatever

-

No one could have guessed Kit Lopez and Count Nightfell would get along.

Sun setting, Kit strutted into his favourite open-all-night supermarket with one purpose: seeing (read bothering) his friend Nightfell.

With the amount of people who left the store at this late hour, Nightfell didn't really understand why he was tasked with restocking shelves.

Nevertheless, Nightfell was blissfully unaware of the chaos that was about to ensue with Kit's arrival.

Nightfell's phone rang, startling him and causing him to drop a can of tomato sauce. He whipped the device out of his pocket, immediately met with the goofy photo Kit had set as his contact.

"What is it?" Nightfell asked, scanning the can he fumbled with for dents. "You know I can't have my phone during work."

"I can't find you. I thought you were on checkouts tonight?" Kit replied, in front of the many cashiers but with an empty cart.

"We switch jobs every other week. Do you know how boring it would be to stand at a checkout every single night?"

"But stocking shelves is so much better?"

"Gives you something to do."

Kit frowned. "But now I don't know where you are."

Nightfell snorted. "I hope it stays that way."

"Just yell really loud. Then I'll find you."

"Kit! People are still in the store."

"Then it's time for hide and seek."

"Absolutely no chance." Nightfell said, quickly finishing his task of stocking the tomato sauces.

"I'll give you five minutes. I want to look at the toy aisles."

"Kit, do you not forget I have a job to do? If I don't stack the shelves, the morning staff will surely-"

"Um, Nightfell?"

Nightfell sighed. "Yes?"

"Where are the toy aisles?"

Nightfell sighed again.

-

Nightfell's co-workers sold him out.

Kit was now following him wherever he went, occasionally stealing an item from his stock boxes.

Nightfell was about ready to strangle his co-workers. Or Kit.

"Why are you the errand guy?" Nightfell asked, once Kit had grabbed over a dozen things from his boxes. He remembered that out of all the people Kit lived with, he was the one tasked with buying the food.

"Because none of them want to be." Kit answered with a shrug, looking at the two for one deal on crackers. "Three boxes of crackers?"

"That's what it says." Nightfell said, biting back the 'mon ami' that was on the tip of his tongue.

Nightfell and Kit were not friends.

Nightfell had wanted nothing to do with Kit the night they'd met, nor the other bladers he had the misfortune of shopping with. Ranzo Kiyama, Hyuga Hizashi, Pheng Hope, Kit, and Nightfell, all coincidentally shopping on the same Tuesday night at 10 PM. He was even more annoyed a week later, the second time the five went to the store together.