Chapter 6.18: Competition Time

(DECEMBER 2010)

---

RICH MUTATIO

Conan was panting when he arrived at the enemy's jail. He threw the shoe into the air, turned on a dime, and tackled his two pursuers.

"Quickie, now!" he said

Grant emerged from the enemy's snow wall, catching the flag and making a mad dash back to our territory.

It may have looked like we broke the rules, but the piece of wall Grant broke away were builds we buried him in.

"Get in between Grant and their flag!" Adrian ordered. "We can't shame ourselves by falling for the same trick twice!"

Petra and Arnold headed to intercept Grant, blocking off the border.

"Don't forget about us!" Mallory said as she kicked Petra to the ground and led a charge to break apart the seventh graders' defence.

Zoey, Brianna, Illiana, Carrie, Annie, Penny, Justice, Moses, Kayla, Emilia, Stacy, and even Hunter, who was getting piggybacked by Seymour, joined the fight in clearing a path for Grant.

This is our one chance at winning and we're not letting it slip away.

With the path cleared, Adrian had no choice but to place himself and his unit between Grant and our flag.

Bond appeared from the side, taking down one of Adrian's men with a kick. But while he was getting overwhelmed, I backed him up. The two of us took down everyone until only Adrian, who went into a fighting stance, was standing.

"How do you plan on beating me?" Adrian asked.

"By complementing," Bond said. "I'm the logical."

"And I'm the absurd," I said as I leapt to give Adrian a hug.

With Adrian's confused focus on me, he only realized that Bond was kicking him from the side when it happened.

Adrian dropped to the snow and struggled to get up. "Taken down by an Italian and a Filipino. What an embarrassing way to go—" he said, before giving up and limping.

While we were busy taking Adrian down, Kevin managed to make a wall with his unit in between us and our flag.

I knelt on one knee and faced them.

"Grant! Launch yourself off me!" I ordered.

Kevin charged at us, but thankfully Charlie tackled him from the side, knocking him away with his momentum.

Grant put one foot on my back and with all my strength, I launched him upward. Kevin's unit attempted to catch him mid-air, but he was too high and, when he touched the ground, he was sliding on the snow, stopping right under our flag and touching it.

We successfully captured their flag.

"The sixth graders..." I shrieked while jumping as high as I could, "wins the military games!"