@Gornot

1. Where are you from?

My name is Gornot and I am from the capital of a small country at the crossroads of Central and Southeast Europe. It's a great place to visit, not a good place to live in.

2. How did you find out about Wattpad?

I was actually looking for some reading apps for my Android phone, having read a few free Kindle classics and I just happened to stumble upon it. I registered last October and attempted to start writing a story but never got around to it. So I deleted it but later on I was having so many vivid dreams that finally turned into a book I'm currently writing. 

3. Why did you make an account?

If I'm interested in a certain website and decide to keep coming back and spend time on it, I register. It's as simple as that :)

At first I really didn't think about publishing anything at all. I've written numerous stories throughout my life but never shared them with anyone. It was a way for me to vent my stress and depression and express my feelings; afterwards I'd just delete them or burn the paper I wrote on.

4. What is your favorite book (not one on Wattpad), and why?

I can't really pick a favorite book, it's like asking a parent to pick a child he loves the most. I am a big fan of WW2 novels, first and foremost by Sven Hassel as well as Joseph Heller's "Catch-22", though there are others. Terry Pratchet is my go-to-guy for humor and I can never get enough of his books; I also grew up reading the Harry Potter franchise, Tolkien and some incredible classics like Tom Sawyer, Oliver Twist etc. 

5. What is your favorite book on Wattpad, and why?

This is actually an ever harder question. There are so many good books on Wattpad, some of which have an incredible story but utterly horrible grammar and execution... It's really not easy to pick one. "Outside of Picture Perfect" by Dragonious, "The Green and The Gold" by bschaneman and "Pretty Boys" by AntonMaurice are probably the three books I've read so far that left the biggest impact on me and that I enjoyed the most. 

6. Who is your favorite Wattpad author, and why?

As far as Wattpad goes I found myself reading a collection of short stories by NathanALawson that are simply breathtakingly beautiful. It was like reading a published author with quite an exquisite imagination and writing style. Dragonious is also a very friendly person and a writer who easily stirs up a lot of feelings.

7. Who is your favorite non-Wattpad author, and why?

I would have to go with both Sven Hassel and Terry Pratchet, because they are two completely different worlds I find most enjoyable. Sven Hassel has fourteen books depicting the harshness and cruelty of war in great and graphic detail; his work is very thought-provoking and after reading it you can never be the same person again. Terry Pratchet, on the other hand, is such an amazing comedian he makes it look like writing humor is as easy as buttering your toast.

8. Tell us a little about the book you're currently writing.

The book is called " A Few Years for Us" (http://www.wattpad.com/story/4145161-a-few-years-for-us)

It is a story about four guys that simply met each other and became the best of friends. They share an incredibly strong bond, but all four of them are quite different. We have Nick (Nicholas), a hopeless romantic and the story is written in first person from his perspective; John, the father figure who is the most rational person among the group. There's Shawn, a gay guy whose insecurities during teenage years pushed him to some extreme limits, and finally Ethan, a womanizer.

The story is influenced by shows like "Sex and the City" and "How I Met Your Mother" and is intended to be a light read with a few dramatic twists and turns as the reader journeys through the years of their lives.

9. What is your favorite thing about Wattpad?

My favorite thing about Wattpad would probably have to be the voting system as well as the fact that the stories are free and you can read them on your phone, too. I've spent many nights relaxing in bed with Wattpad on my phone and I would probably go insane without it.

10. If you could change something about Wattpad, what would it be?

There are a lot of areas Wattpad needs to work on and improve, but I think the most important things are, of course, related to what the website is all about. Wattpad needs a richer text editor on the website (and especially smartphones) for writers and font customizations for readers (I always avoid reading any Wattpad book on a PC because the font is far too big). The "clubs" section is always so slow for me, the Android app is kinda sluggish and slow and there are DEFINITELY not enough privacy options to protect an account from being fully viewed by someone who is not registered on the website. Still, it is a very nice place and I'm happy to be a part of it.

11. Besides Wattpad, writing or reading, what is your favorite past time?

I like video games and I'm a huge music freak. I also spend a lot of time on YouTube and follow many creative artists, filmmakers and vloggers. I also work, which means that sometimes I put my spare time into going out with friends rather than writing.

12.  What is your life's ambition?

My life ambition is to become an audio engineer and work at a radio station or a recording studio, tweaking nobs and sliders, producing music and stuff like that. I don't think it's ever going to happen; however, many aspirations I've had but never fulfilled in my life are in some way, shape or form depicted within "A Few Years for Us" because all four main characters are both a part of me and something I wish I could be as a person.