Nine

"ALMOST THERE! COME ON EVERYONE!" Luca and Alberto shouted to the final crowd behind them.

"We're gonna make it. We're gonna make it!" Happily cried Alberto.

The two leaders swam even faster towards Portorosso, but as they made their way forward, a figure began to appear in front of them all and exclaimed, "STOOOOOP!" Said a familiar boy in a scuba suit. It was of course, no other than Guido. Instead of a tube that led to his mouth where he breathed air, he had a glass helmet, which helped him to speak.

The swarm of sea monsters stopped to a halt. When the others, except for Luca and Alberto, saw that this boy was a human, they all gasped.

"Guido?!" Shockingly asked the boys.

"I came to warn you here. Be careful, with all of your lives!" He warned.

"What's going on?" Queried Luca.

"Stay calm, but Ercole is here. And he's already beginning to strike."

This time, all the sea monsters, including Luca and Alberto, gasped.

"WHAT?!" The two exclaimed.

"I KNOW!- I know, but if all of you wanna stay alive, I suggest you follow my plan."

Alberto and Luca's facial expressions turned from fearful to serious once again. They had to be extremely cautious.

"We're all ears. Let's hear it." Said Alberto.

"Okay, so since Ercole's team has arrived, we have to enter through the back of town. This town is small, so we have to be quick and in sync!" Warned Guido.

"Of course! The team couldn't have been there yet. We have to get there before they do!" Added Luca.

"Exactly. And everyone has to blend in. We'll get some human clothes ready for all of you. Then we'll get all sea monsters into hiding. Even you two, we can't take any chances."

"Do you have any place ready for the rest of them?" Alberto asked.

"We do, trust me. You two, stay at Giulia's. I'll lead the rest to the hiding place."

"Make sure everyone stays quiet and out of sight, and to not leave for any reason." Luca directed. "Meanwhile, me, Alberto, and the rest of us will think of an offense plan to take him down. Even though all the sea monsters will be in hiding, we need all the seafolk and all of Portorosso to be in on this too, we need all the help we can get. Come back to our house once you get them to safety. Got it?"

"Got it." Replied Guido.

"Alright. Let's move!" Alberto demanded.

The three boys continued their way to town, heading to the back with caution. Everyone tried to stay as quiet and as stealthy as possible until they reached the surface. Guido came up first. He scanned around, making sure the coast is clear.

Heading back down, he said, "It's safe. Andiamo." He motioned.

First, Luca and Alberto hopped to the surface, shaking themselves dry to look like humans again. Sea monsters came up one by one, and safely followed Guido to the secret hiding spot in a single file line.

———

"Alright, that should be the last of them." Luca said, quietly.

"What about your parents?" Asked Alberto.

Luca gasped in realization. "Son of a fish, I forgot!" He whisper yelled. "I have to go back and get them!"

As Luca was about to jump back into the sea, Alberto took a grasp on Luca's shoulder.