Twenty Three

Sofia De Ricci:

Sofia De Ricci:

Over the past two weeks, the boys have been acting different, strangely different but I didn't say anything about it as it was what I kind of expected it from what happened on the Yacht. They've been more nosy always curious as to what I'm doing and always wanting to be in my presence, even the twins have been hanging around me more. 

I must say I've never felt better, I'm able to wear more revealing clothes and not look like I'm dressed for a snowstorm every day. But I was a bit uncomfortable at first but I've grown to like it. Plus the boys never judge they just smile to see I'm loosening up a bit. 

Lorenzo pulled us all out of school for a few weeks and I'm not complaining except, Theodore and Emma constantly call asking what going on but for now I'm not ready to tell or how am I going to tell them. 

I've been eating much more and to be honest, I don't feel uncomfortable when eating anymore. The boys have been paying a lot of attention to the amount I eat now.  

About two days ago, Lorenzo, Alessandro, and Matteo went on some 'business trip for a meeting' but I'm not buying it. I've tried calling but they always seem like they're acting weird and very suspicious. I've tried asking the others about it but they just keep saying some new excuse, like 'They're going to explore Egypt!' or 'They're Ancient gods going to claim their stolen land'. Like what the fuck. How old do they think I am?

I walked into the kitchen and a bowl of Raman was set up in front of a stool on the counter. I walk over towards the cabinets grab a glass and filling it up with leftover coke from the fridge. I turn around and the three boys are staring at me. I slowly sip my Coke before saying, "Alright can someone please explain what Matteo, Lorenzo, and Alessandro are doing." 

Pietro opens his mouth to answer another ridiculous excuse but I beat him to it, "No, not some stupid excuse that there 'Astronauts fighting aliens' or 'wrestling alligators'. Tell me what is actually going on." I say crossing my arms on the opposite side of the counter and staring at each of them.

Benjemino speaks up saying, "They went to England for a board meeting." 

"No, they didn't because a board meeting doesn't last for two days!" I say now getting fired up. 

"Well, they did have to fly there," Antonio speaks up.

"Come on do you think I'm stupid what are you guys hiding that is so important that everyone in the house can know except me. I've asked the guards and they even know. So someone please fucking explain." All the boys go silent and look as if they've seen a ghost. 

A voice behind me then speaks up, "Ma'am I'm sorry to interrupt but please eat your dinner before it gets cold." I turn around to see Lottie had turned around and was doing the dishes. I didn't even see Lottie when I came in. I huff and sit on one of the stools scoffing down my meal. The boys didn't leave until I'd finished.