[ xi ] man at the café

CREATOR : bylershiii

WARNINGS : no archive warnings apply

RATING : explicit

WORD COUNT : 2523

will byers worked at a coffee shop, or what people call a café.

his workdays were always calm and slow, which he loved. he loved his job, he wouldn't trade if for the world.

he always had nice customers, and fun coworkers, everything was always chill and cozy.

the 23 year old always got orders right, and always got his orders done at a decent speed.

until a guy with luscious black curly hair walked through the café doors.

"can you get this order?" his coworker, max asked. will nodded with a smile. "not a problem." he said and walked over to the counter.

he grabbed his notepad. "hello, what would you like to o-or.." his voice trailed off as he looked up at the man.

he had pale skin, lovely pink lips, and a gorgeous toned chest under a fitted black shirt.

"uhm, can i get just an iced coffee and a strawberry pastry?" the guy asked as he looked at the menu above will's head, biting his lip as he did so.

oh, his voice.. so deep.

"s-sure.. uhm, what's the-the size?" will looked up at the man again. he had dark brown eyes he could easily get lost into..

the guy looked at will and his lips contoured into a smirk. "large." he bit his bottom lip.

will blushed a lot, he's sure his whole face looked like a tomato, he totally took that the wrong way!

"a large iced coffee?" he double checked as he wrote it down, the man nodding. "okay.. name for the order?" he asked as he grabbed a large cup and a sharpie from the side.

"mike." the guy confirmed, checking his watch.

will wrote the name on the cup. "y-your order will be out shortly.." he said kindly.

"thanks." mike said before walking away and sitting at a table.

will quickly walked over to the coffee machine, turning it on and letting it brew. he got a scoop of ice and poured it into the cup.

as he was making the order, all he could think about was how cute that mike guy is. he always knew he was gay, but this definitely confirmed it.

"will! no slacking off, get the coffee!" max told him, will snapping out of his daydreams. how long has it been? he thought it was just a few seconds!

he quickly poured the coffee into the cup and put a lid on it. he quickly went to the pastry display and grabbed a strawberry pastry, putting it in a little paper bag with the café logo on it.

he grabbed a straw and finally grabbed the order and walked from behind the counter.

he took a deep breath and walked to the guy's table. "here you go, sorry if it took longer than expected." will smiled as he sat the order on the table.

"thanks, darling." the guy said as he stood up and took his order into his hands. he put a $3.00 on the table.

will blushed and nodded. "have a good day, sir." he said and smiled.

"you too." and he walked out. will let out a long exhale as he grabbed the money and walked back to the counter.

max quirked an eyebrow at him was he walked behind the counter. "what's up with you? i've never seen you like this at work." she asked, taking her hat off.