Part 31: Envy ?

Nunew stepped into the printer's room. He wants to print some important documents. Next month, he will make a presentation in front of Zee as his last task before ending his inters. Then, the results of the presentation will be given to the university.

He saw that there were 3 girls sitting in the room while waiting for the material they were printing. Nunew went towards the second printer because they were using the first printer. Then, he tried to print but failed. Is it broken?

Nunew: P'Kay.

A girl named Kay turned away as soon as Nunew called her name. Kay is the secretary for the management department.
Kay: Yes, Nunew ?
Nunew: Is this broken ?
Kay: Do you mean the printer ?
Nunew: Yes.
Kay: I don't know but I heard Tutor called someone to fix it. I think the printer is broken.
Nunew: Okay. Thank you, P'Kay.

It seems that Nunew had to wait for the first printer. While waiting, he sat on the chair next to them.

Kay: Is it for your presentation ?
Nunew: Yes, P'Kay.
Kay: I see ... good luck naa ... I'm sure you will get higher marks since our CEO is your boyfriend. No need to work so hard naa ... you just beg him and you will get higher mark. It's like when you got the interns here, right ? 
Nunew: Why ?
Kay: I heard he's the one who took you as an interns here. You didn't did any interview, right ?
Nunew: ....
Kay: If I knew it was that easy, I would have flirted with our CEO a long time ago. So, I don't need an interview to work here. I just can become his girlfriend then work here. Right, Nunew ?

Flashback ....

Nunew was in the living room looking at the laptop in front of him. He was looking at the results of the resume he sent to the biggest company in Thailand while calling Nat.
Nunew: What should I do ? I'm so nervous.
Nat: I'm nervous too. 
Nunew: What if I got rejected ? This is a big company naa, Nat.
Nat: Hey, don't say that. We both sent our resume to the same company so means that both os us must be pass.
Nunew: What if I didn't pass ?
Nat: Nunew ... 
Nunew: Okay ...

There are only a few minutes left before the results are announced. The company will send an email to Nunew and Nat whether they pass or not to become an intern there. Zee who had just come out of the bedroom then looked towards Nunew.

Zee: Nhu ...
Nunew: Hia ? You already woke up ? You said you want to sleep all day since today is your off day.
Zee: I can't sleep when I found you are not beside me.
Nunew: I'm sorry, Hia. I woke up for a while to check the result.
Zee: Result ?

Zee stepped closer to Nunew and sat next to Nunew. Zee let Nunew to sit on both of his thighs. Nunew's head rest on Zee's chest while looking at his laptop screen.
Nunew: I sent my resume to this company, Hia. Today is the day they will announce the result.
Zee: This big company ?
Nunew: Yes, Hia.
Zee: Wow !!! You are so brave naa ... I love this. So, when will be the result out ?
Nunew: In few minutes, Hia.
Zee: Now, I'm the one who nervous.
Nunew: Hia ... I'm nervous too ...

Nat who is still online then greets Zee.
Nat: Sawadeekrub, P'Zee.
Zee: Aow ? 
Nunew: I'm talking with him on the Line.
Zee: Ohh I see ... sawadeekrub, Nat. 
Nunew: We both sent our resume to the same company, Hia,
Zee: Really ?
Nunew: Yes, Hia.
Zee: Nat, good luck naa ...
Nat: Thank you, P'Zee.

After waiting a few minutes, an email finally arrived. Nunew started to get more nervous.
Nunew: Nat, did you received the email too ?
Nat: Yes.
Nunew: Okay, let's open it together. One ... two ... three ...

Nunew read the email given by the company. Zee also brought her face closer to the screen and started reading too.
Nat: Nunew, I got passed !!!

Nunew was silent. Zee looked at Nunew's face and hugged Nunew's body tightly. He kissed Nunew's forehead to persuade his boyfriend.

Nat: Nunew ? 
Nunew: Yes, Nat ?
Nat: I passed. How about you ?
Nunew: ...

Nunew looked at Zee's face and cried. He hugged Zee's body tightly while crying. Zee on the other hand reached for Nunew's cell phone while his hand gently caressed Nunew's back.
Zee: Nat ...
Nat: Yes, P'Zee ?
Zee: Can you call him later ?

Nat understand and said, "Okay, P'Zee."

Without wasting time, Nat then cut the line. Then, Zee put Nunew's phone on the table again. He started to focus on Nunew who was crying.
Zee: Nhu ...
Nunew: Hmmm ?
Zee: Look at me ...

Nunew's head up and look at Zee's eyes. Zee wipes his tears.
Nunew: I failed, Hia.
Zee: Nhu ... you are not fail. You are fail when you stop trying. At least, you are trying your best, right ? This is not fail but maybe your chance was not now. Do you understand ?
Nunew: ...
Zee: Just because something isn't happening for you now doesn't mean it's never going to happen. Don't lose hope and don't give up.
Nunew: ....
Zee: I used to be like you. At first I failed but I didn't stop. I tried to try and keep trying until I succeeded as I am now. All you have to do is trying. Maybe your efforts at the company are not for now? Maybe now your efforts is belongs to elsewhere? We don't know what God's plan is, right?
Nunew: What should I do, Hia ? 

Zee was silent and he seemed to be thinking.
Zee: How about you work at my company ?
Nunew: Hmmm ?
Zee: You can go to work tomorrow with me. I will place you at the management department.
Nunew: Hia ... you can't do that. 
Zee: What do you mean ?
Nunew: This is not fair. 
Zee: How can be this is not fair ? Hmm ?
Nunew: If I go to work tomorrow, how about the resume and interview. Every company need that, Hia. I didn't want other people talk about this. 

Zee sighed then he looked at Nunew. He kissed Nunew's forehead.
Zee: When did I said that I didn't need that ?
Nunew: Hmmm ?
Zee: You can give me your resume and about the interview ... I already saw it.
Nunew: Hah ? What do you mean, Hia ?
Zee: That day, when you did an interview with them over the internet, I saw and heard everything you talked about. I like the way you answered and that was enough to get you accepted in my company.
Nunew: But, Hia ... your company is a brand company. It's different.
Zee: But still my company have a management department, right ? So, it just the same, Nhu. So, how ?

Nunew look at Zee's face while he's thinking.
Nunew: Are you serious, Hia ?
Zee: Nhu ... I'm serious, okay ?
Nunew: Let me think about it again.
Zee: Okay, Nhu. I'm waiting naa ... 
Nunew: Okay, Hia. Thank you naa ...
Zee: Most welcome, my dear. I'm always here if you need help. (While kissing Nunew's lips)

End of flashback ...

"Nunew."

Nunew look ate Kay and said, "What ?"

Kay: It's true, right ? 

Nunew did not answer. He knew that it was sarcasm. Nunew got up from the chair and looked at Kay.
Nunew: I need to leave now, P'Kay.
Kay: Aow ? You said you want to print something.
Nunew: I forgot that I have works to do.
Kay: Work ? Or you want to meet your boyfriend ?

Nunew look at Kay.
Nunew: P'Kay, please stop. 
Kay: Stop what ? It's true, right ? You became an interns here because you are his boyfriend.
Nunew: There is some misunderstood between us, P'Kay.
Kay: Huh, what misunderstood ? It's really clear because you are his boyfriend.

"So what if he's my boyfriend ?"

Author's notes: How was this part ? Did you guys enjoy it ? If yes, then don't forget to vote and leave a comment too !!!