Chapter: 1

Chapter: 1

Kris

"I wish I could turn back time ........................ If it just hadn't happen that time.................... If only my hand hadn't slipped.......... He-he wouldn't have died............."

.......................................................................................................................................................................................

My head felt like exploding from the constant aching. And to worse it up I have to sit in this place which smelled like phenyl. A lady was sitting beside me and her kid was constantly crying. I don't mean harm to anyone, but at that moment I wanted to stuff the kid's mouth so he would shut the hell up. I would've been sleeping soundly in my grave if the pills had worked. Sucks to have a strong immune system. Sucks to just stay living. What's left to live for anymore? I take a sigh and look outside the waiting room. I see her walking slowly with a plastic bag in her hand. She lifts her head and we make eye contact. Her frown turns into a sad smile and starts walking faster towards me.

"Kris", she calls out my name.

"Mom....." I turn my head away, too ashamed to look at her. Tears start welling up in my eyes. What was I thinking when I tried to take my life? Mom would've been all alone then. I'm all that she has. I was just being selfish.

The first drop of tear falls but is caught by her fingers as she wipes them away. She then holds my head closer to her chest and caresses my head. I shut my eyes tight to prevent any more tears to fall and listen to my mother's fast heartbeat, she seems scared. The last thing I want is her seeing me crying. I've already made her suffer enough. I don't want to see her hurt anymore. She must be as scared of losing me as much as I am scared of losing her. I'm a terrible person. Why am I still allowed to live? Thoughts like these always cross my mind. These thoughts were the reason I even decided to take my own life.

"Let's go home. hrm?", she says in her soft voice.

I nod and stand up. She holds my arm and leads me out of the hospital.

"Mom..." I call her as we're moving towards our car.

"Yes?" She looks up to me.

I hesitate a bit but then finally say it, "I'm sorry......."

She wraps her arms around my torso and rubs my back.

"It's ok honey... Everyone goes through a tough time, but remember! Mom's always with you."

And I know she's the only person in the world that I could trust.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................

"So I got a new Job!" She tells me over dinner. I put my spoon to the side and pass a small smile at her.

"Really? Where?", I try to sound as cheerful as possible. Mom puts her hand on the table and looks at me.

"Well I have friend named Edith. You might remember Chase? She's his mother."

"No..", I shake my head.

"You used to play together a lot until they moved. Anyway, she suggested me to an interior designer and they've accepted me!", she giggles in the end.

"That's great..", I just stir my rice in response.

"But.", she continues, "We have to move to Los Angeles....."

A long pause follows after that. The news of moving made me kind of happy. I would like to leave this place that gives me nightmares.