Chapter : 6

>Amber<

I fell asleep as soon as I came back from school and then woke up as a teary and sweaty mess.

I was clutching my blanket to my chest.

I remember the fire, and that smile; the last smile he gave me before he went there. Promising he'll come back and we'll be practicing some guitar cords. But that promise burned somewhere in that fire.
...................................................................

My father was a firefighter and died like one too, by fighting fire. The fire occured at a store and he died by saving a kid. He's my hero and he was my moral support. My dad showed me how to play different instruments and we would sing together  . Those are the most precious memories I have. But after his death I lost my will for singing.  I haven't touched the guitar since middle school. Anything related to music , I avoid it. I can't avoid listening to it. Life would be boring then.

I stare at the career aptitude form . I have to submit it at the end of the term but, I don't know what to write in there. I had always dreamed of becoming a singer but I'm too afraid. 
 I'm Disappointed in myself for being too  weak.

I put the form away and stretch. I should skate or something.  It will relieve my mind a little.  I grab my skate board from the garage and sprint outside.

........................................................................
> Chase <

I invited Kris to where I work, my dad's music shop. I've been working here since last summer and he lets me keep the profit . I'm linked to the store now. Its like my other half. I think I spend more time here then my home.

Kris looks around the store while I change my clothes in the back.

In the store my personality somehow changes too.

I'm not the Chase people know at school. I don't know why I'm like that.

I put the open sign outside and sit behind the counter.

"Want to eat something? " , I ask Kris.
"What you got?" , he drags himself towards me.

"Well there's a cafe in front with really good waffles ", I love waffles by the way.

He doesn't reply but I take that as a yes and order some.

"When did you got those?", Kris looks at the tattoos on my arms.

I hesitate a bit before answering that question because even I don't know when. All I remember is that I was feeling terrible about myself.
"Well not too long ago. I have to hide them though. School doesn't allow it.", I scratch the back of my head.

I expect him to ask more but he doesn't say anything else.

"I felt lonely. ", I don't know what made me say that.

I look at him and he's just staring at me.
"Well I thought I might share something with you but.....  just forget it."

Luckily some customers entered before it became awkward.

I'm glad I met Kris again.  I never really had proper friends.  I always felt like a left out .  People hung out with me because I'm "fun",but that is just using me. And I don't like that.

"Sorry ,I have to go.", Kris walks towards the door.  "Mom's home early today."

"Sure. Take care." , I wave at him.
He stops at the door and looks at me.
"We can watch a movie someday. I mean I am home alone all the time."

I smile and nod at him, "Sure."

He doesn't know how much those words made me happy.
...............................................................
>Kris <