Chapter 8

>Amber<
Mum left home for some business and Jackie is away with her friends on a trip too so I'm all alone for the weekend.

And when that happens! It's party time!!! No, ok I'm not a bad kid. It means party with myself. I turn up the music, grab a bowl and cereal from the cupboard but , the cereal was finished. Dang it! Right when I was getting into the mood.

Mom left me money so I should probably buy more. I grab my cap and head out. The Sun was blazing again today so some ice-cream should be obligatory too.

I walk down the pavement and saw Kris standing in front of his house. He had someone else with him too.

"Hey Kris!", I jog towards him but my steps slow down. He looked so worn out. He rubs his eyes and managed to give me a weak smile.

I look at his friend beside him and he bows his head as a greeting. He was Chase Park if I'm not mistaken.

"You should go in and rest now.", he pats Kris' shoulder and he nods in reply. Kris looks and me waves goodbye. I do the same. I watch his back as he enters his house.

"Is he sick? Why does he looks like that?", I ask Chase.

"He's just having a hard time. He'll be fine though.", Chase sighs.

"Is it something related to basketball?"

Chase hesitates before telling anything . "It's ok you don't have to tell. I was just concerned. ", I rub my neck.

"My name is Chase." , he holds out his hand. "I know your name ", I smile and give him a hand shake. He forms an "O" with his lips and smiles back.
" And you're Amber!", he say cheerfully.

"Correct!", I give him a thumbs up.

"So you live around here?", he asks me.

"Yeah right around the street. ", I point in the direction of my house.

"Oh!", he looks at his watch "So I guess I'll see you later then. Bye! ", he bows again and I do the same which was kind of awkward. Maybe that's how he greets people.

Well he was a cool dude. I look at Kris' house and wonder if he's ok.

I keep thinking of him as I go to the store. I bought two ice-creams . I should give one to him. But I hesitate right in front of the door bell. He could be sleeping. I don't want to disturb him.....

But it'll keep disturbing me if I don't do it now. I hear some noises from the other side of the door. Maybe he's not asleep. Ok here I go.

I ring the door bell and wait. I hear footsteps getting near and then click of the door. Kris pops his head out.

"H-hey!", I greet him awkwardly.

"What is it?", he ask me plainly.

I don't know what to say. I mean I came here on a whim. "I was worried. I-I mean you looked sick so.....", I clear my throat.

"Come in.", he invites me like that. At first I was questioning whether to go in or not but then I am standing inside. I close the door and silently walk inside. I smell something cooking in the kitchen. I think he was trying to make lunch.

"I bought ice-cream. Can I put it in the freezer? ", he nods and I put the ice-cream in the freezer.

I look over what he's making. It looked like stir fried vegetables .

"Want to try some?", he offers me. He takes some in the spoon and blows on it and then reaches the spoon to me. I look at the spoon and then to him. I open my mouth and he feeds me. It was actually pretty good.