02. reid's shot

— Here are some keys. I have a copy and the first month is already paid.

— And how do you know I'm not going to run away?

— He is giving you water, food, a roof. Dogs don't run away from those things. — Hotch says.

— Gideon.

— Hotch. Let's keep respect.

It had been a few weeks now, Maeve had told Gideon not to take it for granted, she was free to go whenever she wanted which bird, but Gideon was already convinced that the girl would be attached to them from now on, even the very Aaron hotchner was starting to think she wasn't going anywhere, but he doesn't find this all that appealing.

The girl had to start to manage on her own, she was not a girl after all, and a small room was not so suitable to live there.

She was earning less than any other teammate, but it was fair considering the way she was introduced to the team. No big deal, she could provide herself with food, and a roof over his head, Maeve had never had so much. No money, no material goods, not even stealing.

— Remind me why captain pain in the ass is here. — She defended herself.

— Take a shower. Hotch will be in charge of training you latter.

—What? No, no, no, no, no. Gideon, you can't leave me alone with... —she raises her fingers to her head, simulating little horns, referring to Hotch as the devil.

This only drew a laugh from Jason.

— Don't kill each other.

— I do not promise anything.

— In my dreams only.

Both responded in unison receiving a bad look from themselves.

Maeve curtailed Gideon's orders. Getting cleaned up in what was now her home. Temporary home. She had had many foster homes before. This was just another one on the list.

Wearing a black sweater, and a brown trench coat that covered Maeve from the cold many times, she found it heavy as she tried to keep up with the great strides provided by Aaron's long legs.

— Faster.

Both entered BAU. They seemed to be running, alerting this to Elle and Reid, who followed them to the shooting range.

— What's going on?— Elle questions.

Maeve tries to catch her breath as she takes off her coat.

— Aaron? — The black-haired woman insists for an answer.

— I'm going to teach the girl to shoot.

— Oh. — Elle relaxed her brows when she saw what it was about. — Hopefully it turns out better than you did with Reid.

— Why do I always have to teach kids how to shoot?

— What happened to Reid? — Maeve joins the conversation as she catches her breath.

— He learned to shoot the hard way. — Hotch answers looking directly at Maeve.— It was my lure when we were held hostage by an unknown. I hit him making him believe that I despised him. You have to do what it takes to save the day, there are coworkers who don't come home after a day's work, and I'm not willing to put my life or family at risk for anyone who walks through that door.

The distaste for Maeve was obvious. It's hard for Aaron to trust the girl knowing what the rest of his coworkers don't.

— They skip the part where I saved the day.... — Is the first thing Spencer says.