Two.

THE FIRST CUT IS THE DEEPEST
01x02

~

"Why do you put up posters for roommates if you don't want roommates?" Izzie asked. Her, Meredith, George and Leilani were sat in the corridor.

"I do want roommates, we're together a hundred hours a week, you want to live together too?" Meredith asked.

Cristina walked up to the group. "I see you bring bribes now, huh?" She asked once she spotted a coffee in Meredith's hand.

"I need a place to live. My mom irons my scrubs. I have to get out of there." George whined to Meredith.

"You really do need to get out of there." Leilani mumbled.

"It's not a bribe." She replied to Cristina before turning to George. "I don't think it's a good idea."

"I can put down last, first and deposit." George told her.

"It's totally a bribe." Cristina ignored George.

"I can cook. And I'm an obsessive cleaner." Izzie said.

"Ohh. Cook or Bake?" Leilani's head snapped towards Izzie.

"Both but mainly bake." She replied. Leilani jumped up, happily.

"Yes. Definitely. Then i can have someone who can bake with me" She said. Meredith turned to them.

"No. Definitely not." Meredith said. Leilani shrugged..

"No. I just want two total strangers who I don't have to talk to, or be nice to, and it's not a bribe, it's a mocha latte." Meredith told them all.

"George, you're running the code team, Meredith and Leilani, take the trauma patients, Cristina, deliver the weekend labs to the patients, Izzie, you're on sutures." Bailey instructed once they walked over to her.

"Dr Bailey. I was hoping to assist you in the OR today, maybe do a minor procedure? I think I'm ready. Mocha latte?" Meredith said, passing the coffee to her.

"If she gets to cut, i want to cut too." Cristina demanded.

"Yeah, me too." Izzie jumped up.

"I wouldn't mind another shot, I mean if everybody else is..." George trailed off.

Bailey looked at Leilani's and raised a brow and Leilani shook her head.

"Stop talking. Every intern wants to perform their first surgery, that's not your job. Do you know what your job is? To make your resident happy. Do I look happy? No. Why? Because my interns are whining. Except Leilani. You know what will make me look happy? Having the code team staffed, having the trauma patients answered, having the weekend labs delivered, and having someone down in the Pit, doing the sutures." Bailey lectured, taking the mocha latte. "No one holds a scalpel until i'm so happy i'm Mary frickin' Poppins."

"Mocha latte my ass." Cristina scoffed.

"Why're y'all standing there? Move!" Bailey demanded. They scatter away, apart from Leilani as Bailey grabbed her arm stopping her.

"Don't tell me i've got another unknown injury again." Leilani groaned.

"No i just wanted to check to see if it's getting better and if you can work on cases today." Bailey said as she looked at the the girls burned wrist. "Healing nicely. You're good to go."

Leilani smiled and thanked her before leaving.

~

Leilani found Meredith in the hall walking up to a nurse.