Eight.

SAVE ME
01x08

~

Leilani walked downstairs to find Izzie and George in the kitchen.

"Eight hours, sixteen ounces of chocolate, and thirty two cupcakes, and they still don't taste right." Izzie said.

"No, these are good. Martha Stewart would be proud." George said with a mouth full of food.

"Don't walk with your mouth full." Leilani slapped him upside the head.

"Yeah, look where it got her." Izzie murmured. "There's something missing, some specific ingredient. Why can't i remember?"

"Look, just call her. Call your mother and ask." George said.

"I don't want to call my mother." Izzie said.

Leilani sighed and walked over to the fridge, opening it and grabbing a plate of Oreo cupcakes that looks like they could be from a desert shop.

She made them a few hours ago because she couldn't sleep and she was angry that she couldn't sleep so she decided to bake and she had way too many oreos lying around.

"Try them." She placed them on the counter and George grabbed one straight away and took a big bite from it whilst Izzie eyed her cautiously.

"I didn't poison them, don't worry." Leilani rolled her eyes.

"That doesn't put me at ease." Izzie said, slowly reaching out for one.

"These are the best cupcakes over ever had." George said before shoving the rest in his mouth. "Seriously, these are the best. You have to try one."

Izzie took a small bite and tried to show that she didn't love it but she wasn't doing a good job of it because Leilani could read her like a book.

"My baking is still better than yours... What's the recipe?" Izzie asked, eating more of the cupcake.

"Not telling." Leilani said. Derek and Meredith walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning." Derek said cheerfully.

"No." Leilani groaned. "You're too happy for me right now." Derek just smiled at her.

"You guys want a cupcake? Izzie made 'em." George held the plate up. "Or the ones Leilani made, they're the best."

"No." Derek opened the cupboard. "You know, i like it here. Hey, you said so yourself, you liked having your things around, sleeping in your own bed."

"You're like a health nut, aren't you? You eat muesli every morning." George said as Derek got the milk out of the fridge.

"No, i don't." Derek denied.

"Ok, the muesli thing, you do. The last seven days, at least." Izzie said.

"Oh, come on. I haven't been here for a whole week... Have i?" Derek asked, sitting at the table.

"Yes, and it's been hell." Leilani said.

"See." Meredith smiled at him. "Even they think it's weird."