Five.

SHAKE YOUR GROOVE THING
01x05

~

"I wish I could hold a heart." George complained. The rest of Bailey's inters, besides Alex and Izzie, watched Meredith scrub in on her first heart surgery.

"A monkey could hold a heart." Cristina said.

"You're mad Burke didn't ask you." George said. Izzie walked into the gallery and over to George.

"George, I need more ice and chips." She said.

"Who else did you invite?" Leilani asked.

"Izzie, we said the list was jocks only. Surgery, Trauma, Plastics. Who else?" Cristina questioned.

"Just some people from Peds." Izzie shrugged it off.

"You invited the preschoolers to Meredith's house. The next thing you'll say is you invited the shrinks." Cristina said. Izzie avoided everyone's gaze.

"She invited mental defects. This party's D.O.A." Cristina stated.

"You know, Meredith thinks this is just going to be a little, small, meet-your-boyfriend cocktail thing.
Did you clear this with her?" George asked.

"No, but I will." She said. Cristina, Leilani and George all gave her a look. "I promise. Besides Leilani's fine with it." She pointed to Leilani.

"Fine with it my ass." Leilani scoffed. "I told you to talk to Meredith about it because if it was up to me this whole 'party' thing you got going on would be non-existent." She said.

"I will talk to her." Izzie said.

"Why are you wasting the only weekend your boyfriend is in town on a big party? Is he bad in bed?" Cristina asked, eating her fruit.

"No. I just want him to meet some of my friends." Izzie chuckled.

"Right. Sixty geeks in scrubs are your friends." Leilani laughed. Christina's pager went off.

"Bad sex, sucks for you." Cristina said as she got up. Alex entered the gallery.

"I heard there was a party tonight at Meredith's house." Alex said.

"Oh really, party?" Cristina asked.

"Uh, news to me." Izzie said.

"No party." George chuckled. Alex looked over at Leilani.

"Why are you looking at me? I have no idea what your going on about." Leilani said without taking her eyes of the surgery.

"Are we losing her or what?" Alex asked looking down into the OR.

~

"Hey, I hear you did a CABG with Burke." Derek said once her bumped into Meredith, Leilani and George in the hallway.

"Yeah." Meredith said.

"Did you get to hold the heart?" Derek asked.

"Yeah." Meredith repeated.

"It's an amazing feeling. You never forget your first time." Derek said.

"It was pretty great just to watch. Vicarious thrills, you know?" George chimed in.

"Yeah." Meredith said again. Leilani furrows her eyebrows.

The elevator opened and George, Leilani and Meredith got in. Derek stood outside with a concerned look on his face.

"See you later." He said.

"Bye." Meredith sighed.

The door closed. George was leant against the wall reading something. Meredith stood while her arms crossed, facing the door whilst Leilani was stood at the back, staring at Meredith.