CHAPTER ONE: THE BEGINNING

"She is Scarlett," Mia informed Xena.

Xena remained silent, her eyes fixed on the young child in front of her. She was beautiful. Nothing else was conceivable. Mia was the most gorgeous lady on earth, and Ryan was undeniably attractive.

"She's pretty, Mia. Congratulations." Xena finally spoke, her voice filled with admiration. "You must be very proud."

"Thank you so much. Xena..." Mia began to speak but was stopped when someone entered the room.

"Xena, I'm already here," Brisa cheerfully declared.

Mia was intrigued by Brisa, the lovely brunette woman with a warm smile that exuded kindness and happiness.

"This is Brisa, Mia. She's my girlfriend," Xena said without looking at Mia.

Mia remained silent, unable to believe that Xena, her Xena, had a girlfriend. She understood it was absurd for her to think Xena would be alone, mourning her after all these months.

Brisa interrupted the silence by saying:

"Nice to meet you, Mia. Xena's told me a lot about you."

"I hope she said good things," Mia murmured.

Brisa smiled warmly, sensing the tension in the air. 

"Xena speaks highly of you, Mia. She cares about you a lot. You were very important in her life," she reassured Mia.

Xena's primary focus had shifted away from her. She experienced a tumultuous mix of jealousy and sorrow, aching with both envy and a deep sense of loss. It was difficult for Mia to accept that someone else now held Xena's heart.

"Brisa, could you please let us be alone for a moment? We have some things to talk about." Xena commented.

"All right, amor (love)," Brisa replied, kissing Xena on the lips.

With a knowing smile, Brisa left the room, giving them the privacy they needed to have their conversation. Xena turned to Mia, her eyes filled with a mix of sadness and determination as she began to speak.