CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE: BOLD

Kerrigan landed at Glouminster the next day

Kerrigan landed at Glouminster the next day. Rowena was awaiting her at home. Rowena felt as though she had travelled back in time when she spotted Kerrigan. 'Kerrigan was still in excellent shape. I, on the other hand, am much older,' she lamented.

Kerrigan's thoughts would have surprised Rowena if she possessed the ability to read minds.  'Rowena is great. I adore her maturity.'

Rowena broke the silence by speaking first.

"Welcome to my humble home, Kerrigan."

"Humble? It appears to be an excellent house to me." Kerrigan responded by observing everything.

"Compared to the Order's mansion, this is nothing," Rowena replied.

Kerrigan said, shaking her head:

"The mansion just has drafts and humidity. Rowena, you're stunning."

Rowena reddened at Kerrigan's remarks.

"You are beautiful, and so young."

Kerrigan broke up laughing.

"Time passes for everyone. Come here," she said, gripping Rowena's chin. "Let's stop the nonsense and do what we want to do."

Kerrigan approached Rowena and kissed her on the lips. Rowena was surprised when Kerrigan leaned in for a kiss. Time stood still as she felt a mix of emotions: anxiety, excitement, and anticipation. Her lips quivered as Kerrigan approached. When they kissed, she felt as if she was sinking into it, allowing all of her worries to melt away. She wanted to savour every instant of the kiss: the warmth of Kerrigan's lips, the feeling of being so close to and caressed by another person. Rowena felt alive as if a light had begun inside her and was becoming brighter with each passing moment. Rowena was in a euphoric haze as they finally parted, feeling Kerrigan's gentle grip on her hand. She smiled, completely satisfied with the situation.

Kerrigan spoke first.

"Seeing you, Rowena is like traveling back in time, except better. Do you understand why? We are no longer the dumb girls from yesterday. We've grown up. And I want to live; I want to feel; I want to be with you. I want to make love to you right now, Rowena. We'll discuss the situation that brought me to Glouminster later."