CHAPTER TWELVE: DEPRESSION

WARNING: This chapter refers to depression and attempted suicide.

Brisa came to Glouminster over the weekend. At the airport, Xena was waiting for her. Brisa rushed up to Xena.

"Amor (Love), how much I miss you!"

"Me, too, Brisa," Xena replied cheerfully.

Brisa gave Xena a deep kiss on the lips. Xena exclaimed, smiling.

"Let's leave this for when we're alone."

Brisa responded:

"You're always really shy. That is one of the reasons why I adore you."

She and Brisa come to Xena's home. Brisa rushed onto Xena, kissing and caressing her. Brisa's passion was something that Xena missed. Brisa, on the other hand, was constantly wanting to make love to her. Xena couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by Brisa's affection, knowing that their time apart had only made their connection stronger. As they embraced, Xena whispered:

"I love you more than words can express." 

Brisa smiled, her eyes filled with love and longing. They entered the bedroom and indulged in each other's cravings until they were completely fulfilled. Their love was a flame that never seemed to dim, igniting every time they were together. Xena knew in that moment that Brisa was truly the one for her.

Mia returned home, dejected. She tucked a tired Scarlett into bed. She also assured the service girl that she might return to her home. Mia wanted to be alone with her pain. Someone eventually knocked at the door. Mia stood up to open the door and found Xena and a surprised Brisa.

"Mia, Brisa has arrived."

Brisa stated:

"Wow, that house is gorgeous. It's much more luxurious than I expected."

"Welcome," Mia responded cordially.

Xena sensed Mia wasn't feeling well and planned to keep Brisa's visit as brief as possible.

Ryan couldn't take his thoughts anymore. In his mind, Mia and Xena kissed and touched each other. He was jealous and felt bad about it. Ryan wanted to push Mia away, but deep inside, he wanted to love and make love to her. He wished that everything would be different and that their love might be realized. The weight of his depression bore down on him, pushing him towards isolation and thoughts of self-harm. Ryan knew he needed help, but the darkness in his mind seemed insurmountable.

Brisa returned to Artshel following the weekend. Mia and Xena were alone once more. Xena questioned Mia about:

"I know you kept it hidden all weekend. What is the matter, Mia?"

Mia's gaze drifted thoughtfully into the space before she let out a sudden shout. The objects in the room were sent flying, showcasing Mia's long-dormant skills in action, which Xena hadn't seen for quite some time. As the chaos settled, Mia sank to the floor, her strength spent, and Xena kneeled beside her in concern.

"Dear Mia, please tell me something."

Mia responded:

"I'm sorry, Xena. That's terrible. This is all too much for me. I also know that Ryan is upset. I sense his pain. I can hear him crying at night."

"Mia, your last visit before vacation is in a few days. You'll see that he's doing okay."

Mia sobbed while holding onto Xena.

Rogers was released from jail due to his good behavior. The psychologist's intervention was crucial, as they understood that his actions were a result of stress-induced rage. As part of his release, he apologized to Jake and Aaron, promising not to interfere with their relationship in the future. Furthermore, he returned to work, where he was warmly greeted by Brady. She sincerely hoped that he would remain the same good but gruff man he had always been.

Mia was unable to see Ryan on the day of the visit due to illness.

"Sick? What is the problem with him? Please tell me." Mia implored.

"I am not sure. I just know that he is currently at a medical facility."

The guard refused to say what happened to Mia. Ryan had tried suicide. Fortunately, Jeremiah found him in time.