CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: POWER UNLEASHED

Rowena and Mia began the exorcism process

Rowena and Mia began the exorcism process. Xena and Scarlett remained outside the door observing the happenings. The girl, too scared to stay away, was left in Xena's care despite not being initially planned to be there.

Rowena lit a couple white candles. She began chanting in Latin, her voice low and steady. Xena held the girl's hand tightly, trying to reassure her that everything would be okay. Scarlett watched from the doorway, her eyes wide with fear and curiosity. The sound of Rowena's voice grew louder, more urgent, as she continued the exorcism ritual. Mia was prepared for the assault.

Rowena stated:

"Spiritus Lucis et Amoris, hac nocte nos comita, tua nos virtute illustra, ab omni malo defende nos."

Alisha, who was strapped to her chair, began to convulse. Scarlett took a step forward, wanting to help but unsure of what to do. The room filled with eerie energy, causing the white candles to flicker and dance, seemingly in response to the ongoing battle between light and darkness. Forestvale Manor began talking through Alisha's mouth:

"Damn you, Rowena. I believed I could trust you."

Rowena proceeded in Latin by saying:

"Profer ab hac innocente puella Manerium Forestvale conscientia, quae sensum boni et mali amisit."

"I'm never going out!" shouted Forestvale Manor.

Rowena chuckled, 

"But you have no choice. Exi foras et evanescet!"

Alisha's throat let out a terrifying scream. The candles suddenly extinguished, plunging the room into darkness. Alisha's body convulsed as Forestvale Manor's spirit fought for control, the battle intensifying with each passing moment. Scarlett huddled in Xena's arms, shivering. She said to her:

"Do not be concerned. I will protect you."

A thick defensive shield enveloped Xena and Scarlett. The shield emitted a soft, warm glow, illuminating the room and pushing back the darkness.

"How cool!" Scarlett remarked.

The screaming continued until a ray of multicolored light burst from Alisha's mouth.