Obsession

Chapter one

Christopher Foley stared at the two girls playing volleyball outside his window. His attention fell on Rosemary, the tall one hitting the ball. She had a slender frame under a white tank top and denim shorts.

He rarely spoke to her despite living next to her for over two months.

Looking at Rosemary, his mind wandered to the previous night.

"Why don't you look at me?" Anthony had said, his face almost touching Chris.

"What?"

"Look at me"

Chris raised his gaze and Anthony laughed.

"I like you." A seductive tone to his voice.

Chris swallowed. "Yeah, good thing. I suppose."

Anthony pressed against him." Kiss me," he spoke softly, his need written all over his face.

Chris leaned forward and kissed him on the lips.

That night, Anthony had been drinking. His eyes lit up when he saw Chris walk in. He smiled. Chris couldn't look away.

His mother barged into his room, interrupting his thoughts.

"There's a boy downstairs, asking for you," she said, scanning his room. "Your room is a mess, are you meeting him up here?"

Chris glanced at his reflection in the mirror.

"Has he been waiting long? I wasn't expecting him"

His mother said something, but Chris was far down the hall by then.

Anthony was standing at the entrance to the living room, gazing at his iphone.

" Hey..."

"We gotta talk," he said.

"What's going on?"

"I'll tell you when we're in the car." He turned and opened the door.

Glancing back, he said," are you coming?"

" Yeah."

In the car, Anthony spoke first." I can't remember much about last night," he paused, possibly thinking what to say next," I had too much to drink and-"

" I figured," Chris interrupted, staring at his loose shoe laces.

"What?"

"I knew you would do this. I figured after I didn't hear from you since we..."

"Since we did it," Anthony finished.

Chris nodded," Yeah, we don't have to talk about what happened. I get nothing will come out of it."

Anthony observed him for a while without speaking. "I'm not a fag, I want to make that clear."

"What did we do, then?" Chris failed to hide the frustration in his voice. How could he not question his sexuality?

"It doesn't matter. I don't want you to think I like guys."

" You boned a guy, what am I supposed to think?"

"Just shut up, "Anthony said. "I was drunk and you took advantage of me."

" You came onto me!" Chris yelled. "You told me to kiss you. You were the one who fucked me. Not the other way around"

Anthony laughed." I knew you were a fag from day one. I shouldn't have trusted you. But I did anyway, like an idiot, and now you're trying to pin this whole thing on me."