Obsession- Chapter Three

Chris mother bombarded him with ridiculous questions as soon as he returned from Anthony's car. Lowell was a small knit community. Everyone knew everyone. On arrival, Nancy Foley had learned pretty quickly how powerful the Oleary's were in Town.

He had ignored her, locking himself inside his room, the only place he felt secure, recently. Since his father passed away, his mother had kept a watchful eye on him, growing increasingly paranoid. He knew she was scared of losing him, too, but he needed time to himself, away from her constant scrutiny.

As he lay there, his thoughts shifted to Anthony, again. He replayed their conversation in his head over and over, trying to make sense of it. Chris had expected him to react in a negative way to what had happened between them, but he had not expected Anthony to put the blame on him. He just couldn't wrap his head around it. His accusations caused him pain, but he hid it from Anthony. He didnt want Anthony to think he was weak. Anthony was the type of person who despised weakness, instead of sympathizing with him, he would have laughed at him. So, Chris had feigned a nonchalance he did not feel.

His phone rang and Chris rolled around on his bed, feeling for it. Finally, he got a grasp on the small mobile phone and unlocked the screen with a tap of his finger.

"Yeah?"

"Hey." Anthony's voice shook him awake.

Chris sat up and cleared his throat."Anthony."

"Do you want to come over?"

Chris sighed. "I can't believe you."

Pause. "What do you mean?"

"Didn't you just call me fag, a few hours ago, and now, you're asking me over? No, thanks."

"Exactly. I'm sorry."

"No, it just shows how self-centered and egotistical you are, and how you don't care about anyone's feeling other than your own." Chris didn't know why he was attacking Anthony. Deep down, he was happy Anthony called.

"Dude, I already said I was sorry." He sounded tired.

"Do you really think I forced you to have sex with me?"

"What are you talking about? I never said that. I said I'm not a fag, and I'm not, but I don't want to argue about it on the phone. I want to see you. I think we should talk in person." He said. It sounded more like a command than a plea.

"Ok, fine, come pick me up, then."

Chris managed to slip out of his house unnoticed by his mother. Anthony suggested they meet at South Common Park, a ten minute walk from His house. Anthony didn't give him a reason why, but Chris didn't need one. He simply didn't want to be seen by his girlfriend Rosemary. Anthony rarely talked about Rosemary. At times it seemed like the thought of her was unimportant to him. Whenever they were together they talked about calculus and when they were not talking about that, Anthony would just sit next to him, watching Chris work on math problems.

They met at South Common Park. When they finally arrived at Anthony's house, slipping through the back entrance to not be seen by the help, Chris began to feel nervous. Anthony led him into his loft-sized bed room. He sat on the foot of Anthony's bed, his hands clasped together.

Anthony unbuttoned his shirt with a mischievous grin on his face. Chris stared at him, not knowing what to say or do.

"I'm not a fag," he said," But I can't help myself when I'm with you. Can you explain that?"

Chris shook his head. "No, I can't." He was confused about where Anthony was going with this but he had a slight idea. His heart pumped fiercely against his chest and his hands began to sweat.

Anthony laughed," I can't explain it either."

'Why should it matter?"

Anthony raised an eye brow and smiled. "You have a good point. Why should anyone care?"

"They shouldn't," Chris said, softly. He looked at Anthony's pecks and without really putting much thought into it, he took off his own shirt. Aware of Anthony's gaze, Chris unfastened his belt. "This is between you and me." He unzipped his pants and stood up. They fell around his ankle and he stepped over them, his eyes focused on Anthony's face.

"So what if it makes me a fag." He said, "Come here." He extended his hand and pulled Anthony to him. He held Anthony's face in his hands, his blue eyes piercing into him. He leaned forward and kissed him on the lips.

"I'm not telling anyone," Chris said."I promise."

"I believe you." Anthony kissed him again.

"I love you." Chris refused to look at him directly in the eyes. "I really do."

He stiffened. "You don't"

"I know it sounds stupid."

Anthony's eyes narrowed." Do you mean it?"

Chris looked up at him and laughed.

"I think everyone loves you. Anyone that gets the chance to be around you. You have that power. I mean you're perfect."

"I don't think so."

"It doesn't really matter. You are what you are. You're the one every girl in high school wants to be with and the one every guy wants to be."

Anthony frowned." Yeah, I guess."

" But that's not why I love you." Chris got his full attention, then." I love you because I see beyond that. I see the real you and you are beautiful beyond words."

"That's hilarious. A few minutes ago I was a self-centered jerk and now I am beautiful."

"No, I know it sounds cheesy. You don't see what I see in you. The other night when we had sex you weren't fully drunk."

Anthony turned away from him." What are you getting at?" He walked half way across the room his hands closed in a fist. His mood had changed so Chris tried to choose his words carefully. His back was turned to him, he could not see his face and this made it that much more frightening to Chris.

"I know you lied about being drunk. You didn't want to get hurt. When you had sex with me, it was the first time you did something you truly wanted to do and that sort of scared you. Didn't it? Because that was the first time you had no control. You're use to controlling everything that happens to you."

Anthony turned to look at Chris, anger in his eyes. "You think you know me, don't you?"

"No that's not what I'm saying-"

"Well, you don't. So stop trying to get into my head."

Chris didn't know what to say. A part of him knew Anthony would get defensive but another part of him didn't care. He wanted Anthony to understand all his many disguises would not work on him. He had seen Anthony for who he really was and he loved him. He knew this; he was sure of it.

"Okay. Why am I here, then?" Chris looked straight into his penetrating gaze." I know I'm not just another fuck. If you wanted a fuck Rosemary would have been here, not me."

Anthony sighed." I told you I can't explain it. I don't know why I'm attracted to you. I mean if I was going to be gay with someone, I'd be gay with someone more like, I don't know." He looked tired as he struggled to find the right words. He shoved his fingers into his thick dark hair and ran them through. Chris observed him carefully, almost obsessively.

"Like?" Chris said his lips curled into a smile.

Anthony looked up at the ceiling as if he would find the answer there. "Athletic, better sense of style. And I guess less dorky."

Chris laughed." Ouch, that hurt. At least you're honest."

"Why does this have to be complicated? Why should my intentions matter? You enjoy it, I enjoy it. Why can't we leave it at that? We're both happy. No strings attached. You don't utter a word at school and you can keep seeing me."

Chris kicked his shoe across the room and shook his head. "I want to feel important to you. I don't want to be a drag to you and your friends. Be the butt of every one of their jokes, have them look at me with contempt because a complete loser like me gets to hang with their idol, you," he said. " I don't want any of that. I'm happy with just seeing you after school. Doing this. But I want you to tell me what's in your head. I want to know what I am to you."

Without a word, Anthony approached Chris and put his arm around him, kissing him fully on the lips. Chris felt his erection rub against his own and kissed him back. They kissed their way onto Anthony's bed. He was lying on his back as Anthony kissed his neck. Chris grabbed a fistful of his wavy dark locks, moaning softly.

"I want you, "Anthony whispered into his neck." real bad."

"Take me." Chris felt him push inside of him and let out a groan. "I love you so much."

He didn't want Anthony to ever leave him. Despite the slight pain he felt, it was as if Anthony was a part of him. He wanted to please him. He could feel the desire, the need in Anthony as he thrust inside of him. When he finished, with a moan of release, he closed his eyes and laid on top of Chris.

Chris kissed his forehead, caressing his back. "That felt good?"

"Uhuh." They laid in each other's sweaty arms for what seemed an eternity. Maybe Anthony was too prideful to speak the words, but his act had said it all. His love and desire for Chris was undeniable. Chris was certain of it as he held Anthony. They were one.