Chapter 2 - The Mysterious Hot Guy

Chapter 2 is here! Most chapters will differ in word count but I try to write at least 1500 words each. Anyways...How is everyone? I'm doing fine. School sucks and I have barely any time to write. Hopefully, everything get slower during the year, if not please and thank you for being patient with me! Okay, I'll let you guys get back to reading.

-Karina<3

Day of the Gala

Day of the Gala...

"Come on, man! Lighten up! It's just a Gala. You've been to hundreds of them." Jackson, the soon-to-be Alpha of the SilverClaw pack, whined for the 40th time. I didn't like Galas. Or parties. Or any social gathering for that matter. They only reminded me of what I lacked. My mate. My other half. Jackson found his a few days ago and wouldn't shut up about her. He wasn't trying to rub it in my face. It was just his personality.

"I don't like Galas," I say nonchalantly, sipping on some whiskey.

"I know, you doofus. Besides, there will be some wolves from out of the country there. Mateless ones.."

"I know what you're doing, and it isn't working. Telling me that unmated wolves will be there only would make it worse when they find their mates, and I stand there mateless." I respond curtly. He rolled his eyes as we sat in his office. It was slightly smaller than his dad's, the Alpha of the SilverClaw pack. I respected his dad a lot. He was a good Alpha, always considering his pack when making decisions. His mate, Jackson's mom, was also an excellent Luna. Any wolf could tell they have an incredible Alpha and Luna by looking at how their pack works.

"Fine, I won't try and hype you up. But you're still coming, right?"

"Of course. I accepted the invitation. I wouldn't back out a few hours before." With that, our conversation ended because he had a serious matter to take care of, which meant his mate, Camille, a very energetic wolf, mind-linked him, asking for help with something. I walked back to my temporary room and took out my silver cuff-links. A family heirloom passed down from my great-great-great-great-great grandfather.

(A/N In my book, Werewolves aren't weakened by silver. It does nothing to them.)

I changed into a suit and spent the next hour or so reviewing a few things for my pack. I ran my pack efficiently, so I always worked. On the go, during a car ride, during vacations-more like business trips. The point is, I'm dedicated to my pack. Even if I don't have my Luna, my mother still has the title, so she's acting as Luna until I find my mate, 

if I ever do.

And just like that, it was time to head to the Gala. I shook off the one thought that constantly plagued my mind. I had my limousine, so I sat inside and motioned for the driver to go. I had a few hours to kill, so I pulled out my laptop to continue working. Soon, I arrived at the venue for the Gala. It was an old renovated manor known for its beautiful structure and Library.

 I stepped out of the vehicle and walked to the side entrance, where all the special guests, Alphas, Betas, and their mates were. I walked in, and Jackson instantly greeted me with his mate. We chatted for a while before Jackson and his parents went inside. I was being announced later, so I bode my time behind the door to the staircase.