Chapter 3 -You?!

Warning!: Blood! If you don't like reading gory scenes I will be putting a ⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠ before and after the scene. I will summarize what happened at the end.

 I will summarize what happened at the end

I held onto the one thing I had of her. This hair ribbon. It was a shimmery white, and it still faintly held her scent. Today was my last day in the SilverClaw pack. I had extended my stay after I found out my mate lived here, hoping to at least get to know her before I had to separate from her. I know because she is human, she would never agree to just come and move into my home states away. We may be mates, but she didn't grow up knowing she had a soulmate somewhere; he didn't know anything about us, which is why I needed to ease her into it.

My wolf, Lucas, pleaded for me to follow her home and take her with us. He hated my idea of staying away from her after so many years without her. I securely put the ribbon into a lockbox and hid it in my suitcase. Today I'm going to the library again to see if my mate, Elana-

That's her name. Beautiful, isn't it? It matches her perfectly, and I just love the way it sounds. I couldn't imagine anything else more perfect. I wandered off while my driver drove towards the town. When he stopped, I opened the door and walked straight to the library doors. They were tall black doors with large windows above them. Combined with the brown bricks, it was beautiful. I could definitely tell why one would want to work here. The inside was even more stunning. I stood in awe, just admiring the tall ceilings and dark wood shelves full of books. This place was magnificent.

I smiled when I walked further into the library and met Mrs.Bianco at the desk. "Hello, Mrs.Bianco. Is Elana here today?" I asked with a hopeful tone.

"She is Noah. She's somewhere sorting books." Then she smiled widely at me."Jackson told me you two are mates yesterday. I'm so happy for you both, even though she can't know yet. Elana is a fantastic girl. I love her to pieces."

"Me too. I can't wait to get to know her more. I just wish I could bring her home."

"I know deary. But don't worry, she's in good hands with me and Jackson. He loves her like a little sister and would hate for anything to happen to her. Your mate or not." She patted my hand. Suddenly, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I look up to see my beautiful mate staring at me. My eyes go wide; she is the most beautiful person I've ever seen in my entire life. Her blue-grey eyes and soft brown hair. She looked adorable in her outfit. That's when she finally broke eye contact, then shoved a book onto the shelf and ran off. I excused myself and walked after her. She ran into the employee's lounge, but I didn't follow her. She looked almost afraid of me, which broke my heart.

I asked Mrs.Bianco to see what was going on. We walked to the lounge, and she knocked. "Elana~? Are you in here, honey?" She asked.

"Yes, I-I just...I'm uh...I got.....my um..period?" My mate clearly lied, but she got a chuckle out of me. Her voice was so beautiful, like music to my ears. I just wanted to run in and hold her, but I knew I couldn't. I needed to respect her boundaries. I needed to earn her trust, slowly but surely. I heard another voice talking to my mate. Then I heard my mate speaking and a door closing. A dirty blonde-haired woman came out.