Chapter 6 ✧

72nd Street and 2nd Avenue, Manhattan Midtown Apartment 📍

6:45 a.m.

I'm just about done getting ready for school and I hear my mom get up, I forgot she got today off today from work. I make my bed throwing my sheets on the ground then putting them back on. After I spray some perfume and go see her.

"Morning mom" I go up to hug her.

"morning love." she smiles and hugs me.

I grab an apple off the counter and bite into it.

"Is that my perfume?" she asks me giving me that mom look.

"Maybe?" I smile and shrug my shoulders and she scoffs.

Jim comes from my bedroom window and walks into the kitchen looking for me.

"Oh, hey Jim" my mom goes and hugs him.

"Morning Ms.Raynott." he smiles and hugs back.

"Okay mom we should get going, bye love you!" I shout halfway out the door with Jim.

When we get on the bus Jim nudges me.

"That was something last night."

"Yeah it was."

"To be honest, I actually enjoyed it."

"So did I, but how the fuck did Mickey make it look so easy?" I ask laughing.

"Stoner?" He shrugs joking.

The bus stops and I walk off first then Jim. I wave the driver goodbye and walk off the steps. When I head to the school doors and open them the first thing I see is Kyle.

"Hey Maeve." He says walking to my locker beside me while Jim walks the other way.

"Hey Kyle." I say back mocking his tone.

"I like you hair down better." He says referring how I kept it down today.

"Oh, thanks."

"Yeah no problem, I should get to chemistry."he says walking off.

I pass the shitty algebra classroom while walking to art class before the bell rings.

Jim's POV ★

She looks better with her hair up kyle. I should've stayed with Mae but I wanted to see what he would say to her if I wasn't around so I leaned against the wall around the corner. I don't know why I did, i'm just curious I guess.

As a matter of fact Mae forgot to give me my jacket back, but it's fine. she looks better with it on then me. What the fuck am I thinking.

I go sit in my seat next to this girl named Brynn in chemistry, I see her hanging out with Mae at lunch and I think she's pretty chill honestly.

The bell rings and so does my ears. The teacher walks in with a thick pile of papers, I should've skipped.

"Today you will be assigned with a partner by me and no complaining." he goes on and i'm not paying attention till I hear my name.

"Mr. Carroll with Mr. Rylnn...."

What.

I look over at him and he looks at me probably with the same expression on my face but my face looks better obviously.

Mae's POV ★

The lunch bell rings and I go up to Brynn's locker and wait for her. I see her walking and when she sees me she smiles.

"Hey bae!" she says closing her locker

"What's new?"

"You won't believe what happened."

"WHAT?" I say with wide eyes.

"That Jim guy you hang out with got partnered with Kyle Rylnn and the other day he got him detention." she explains while walking to our lunch spot.

"No way." I burst out laughing while taking a seat.

"Yes ma'am." she mumbles with her sandwich in her mouth.

Brynn and I always have some gossip session at lunch. Even though there's not much to gossip about, we always find something. That's why I love her.

After school I was told by Pedro to meet the boys outside Mickey's apartment so I took the bus. We don't really hang out at Mickeys place much, it's normally my place or Jim's. Mickey has some family issues and we don't want to be apart of that.

I walk off the bus at the bus stop and walk a couple blocks to Mickey's. I turn the corner and see them all sitting on the stairs.

"Hey guys!" I yell.

"Mae hurry up I think Diane's going to come."Mickey tells back.

I run to the steps and sit down between Jim and Pedro.

"What's good Mae." Pedro dabs me up.

I laugh "Nothing much."

"Hey boys" Diane stumbled towards us.

"Hey mickey.. you looking for a date?" she mumbles.

"Hey sweetheart." he reply's nudging Neutron.

"How bout a little ride in central park? huh Diane?" he teases her.

Then she goes to Neutron " How bout you handsome ... fifteen bucks"

"Cmon Diane does it look like I need to pay?"

"yeah.. yeah ya do" she rubs her neck

"Oh jimmy."

She stumbles towards him

"I know you want some, i'd do you so good you'd never forget it baby." she says and we all laugh

"You know what sure." Jim digs around in his pockets.

"Aw shit Diane this is all I got." he laughs while unrolling a bag of pretzel crumbs and dumping it on her head.

She waves her hands above her head.

"Aw fuck you"

"Here have some pretzels!" Jim says throwing the bag at her.

We all laugh when Mickey's mom calls for him from the window above.

"Oh shit I forgot, my mom and I are watching some movie together." he walks gets up and walks inside.

Jim and Neutron go to the basketball court while Pedro and I walk home.

When I get home my moms brushing her teeth getting ready for bed. I walk into the kitchen and find some leftovers and throw it in the microwave. My mom walks out of the bathroom.

"Hey I don't want you coming home so late." she mentions.

"I'm only at the basketball court with Jim, you know that."

"Maybe you should get a job, I don't want you running the streets of New York knowing who knows what Mae."

"Yeah yeah." I reply taking the leftovers out the microwave.