Chapter 18 ✧

Forest Hills Catholic High School New York Manhattan 📍

Maeve's POV ★

I feel so sick today if I even think of puking I will puke. The time I dreaded came, detention. I have detention with Jim because we both got caught skipping at the same time the other day. Someone in the parking lot seen us and was a fucking snitch. Even worse, I told Jim I wasn't coming to school.

My mom literally dragged me out of bed when the school called her about my detention. When you miss on detention you get another one on top of it. Also when I mean dragged I mean i'm wearing the same pants from last night and same hoodie.

It's okay because I got a deal in today with one of the boys on the basketball team. Mickey told me he 'knew a guy' and to talk to him. He gave me a couple of pingers for 90$. I have never done the "hug drug" before but it's next in line after lsd.

I haven't told Jim but i've been doing lsd every other day, just to feel a little bit more. Since i've been doing it so often I can't even feel it anymore, I need something stronger.

The bell rings and I have to do the dreadful  walk to detention. I doubt Jim will even show up. He's probably to busy with that other girl he was 'all over'.

"Ms.Raynott, take a seat."

I've never wanted to walk out of a room so much. I go take a seat in the back of the class near the open window. My eyes follow the sound of Jim walking in, kinda surprised.

"Ah and there he is, Mr.Carroll."

"As you wish." He snarls and takes a seat also in the back across from me, a dick he is.

"As you both know you have detention till four O'Clock because of the inappropriate behaviour you both partaken in." He takes a pause and walks toward the window I'm beside. "There will be no talking, No laughing and no day dreaming." He pulls the blinds down from the window.

My luck.

"Unfortunately I cannot sit and monitor this detention because my daughter has ballet. If you do anything against the rules of this room, I will find out."

He walks out locking the door behind him. I look over at Jim who is looking at me right back smiling like a prick.

"What Jim?"

"Mh? Can't I look at you?"

"Nope."

He gets up walking toward the desk in front of me and sitting backwards to face me.

"Shame, your a pretty sight."

"Is there something you want?" I ask rolling my eyes.

I cant give in no matter how much butterfly's he just gave me, no way.

"Are you going to the party tonight?" He asks still looking at me.

"Are you?"

"Wanna come with me?"

"Sure." I sigh bringing my knees up to my chest.

"sooo, anything you want to tell me?" He asks acting like I have to tell him everything.

"Uh no? What about you mh?"

"Nope."

"Lies." I look him dead in the eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"Seems like you had fun with some girl the other night, heard you were all over her mh?"

"Mae it's not like that." He sighs

"Well I don't care, at all actually."

"Oh yeah?" He raises his eyebrows and I go red. "I was drunk, okay?"

"So? You can't be all over a girl and say you were drunk. What an awful excuse." I scoff in his face.

"I don't know." He looks down finally.

"Like I want to party with you if you can't 'control yourself '."

"Maeve you know I would never be like that too you." He says getting heated.

"How would I know that?" I push him farther.

"Cause your not just some one night stand Maeve!" He yells and I go quite.

"Fuck Mae." He sighs

"Thanks?" I say not really knowing what I am supposed to say.

"Come with me to the party." He demands but you know i'm not like that.

"I don't know." I stand up pulling the blinds up.

"Mae, cmon you won't regret it." He says smirking following me to the window.

I ignore him looking out the window. My eyes follow all the boys on the basketball court passing the ball and scoring. I feel someone's presence behind me but I don't turn around, I know it's Jim. I feel his breath on the back of my neck and he's also watching the boys play. He rests his head in the crook of my neck as he puts one arm on each side of the windowsill around me. I'm trying my hardest to keep still and not let his flirting work.

"Who knows what could happen at that party to you with out me." He whispers into my ear.

I quickly turn around to make a disgusting face at him but I feel his hand graze my cheek so fast and are lips meet. I feel his hands tighten around my hips and my legs almost tremble at his touch.

For a moment

Everything

Slows

Down.

I pull back gasping and he laughs. He turns his head towards the clock and looks back at me.

"it's four, see you at nine thirty." With that he walks out leaving me all flustered for what?