Chapter 18: Project Janus

"Move! Move!! Move!", a mercenary says to his team of paid band.
His name?
Victor 'Red' Cross.
Age:
-forty three.
Their primary mission:
-capture Subject Alpha.
Secondary objective?
To wipe out any survivor they enter in contact with.

Source:
https://www.deviantart.com/kira-mayer/art/Mercenary-boss-442928286

Victor is part of a mercenary gang known as 'Black Crow'.
This man is not only a skilled vampire killer; but also a crafty bio-organic weapon hunter.
He has his fair share of traumatic experiences with beasts in this life.
He recently knows about Brimstone; and he is told he can make a fortune if they can capture Subject Alpha.

Cross and his men are currently jumping from the helicopter.
Apparently there are too many Redstar infected birds for the pilot to perform a smooth land.
When they are all out, the man in the flying vehicle disappears in the distance.
There are twelve Black Crow members, excluding their boss. Each of them has an outfit in the same vein as their leader.

They are in the 'Grand Plaza'-a location swarming with infected creatures:
-walkers
-hounds
-viral ogres
For Victor and his team, they are a piece of cake.
Unlike the common type of paid killers; those in Black Crow are equipped with dual blades, and crossbows for pistols.
They rely less on military firepower; and more on combat arts. They are practitioners of hybrid martial forms. With their life being constantly on edge-this gives them the opportunity to stay focused on the mission and appreciate the beauty of the feeling of staying alive.
"Boys, eliminate only the creatures that directly attack you! Our business here is to dispose of eye witnesses-regardless of their age; and bring Subject Alpha into custody."
"Remember, Brimstone has imbued our outfits with Redstar pheromones. We should theoretically pass as one of them without any difficulties."
The trick proves to be useful until they meet the madshepherds. They can see through that disguise.
A boogeyman appears before their eyes.
"Shit! It's a madshepherd! Everyone, cover your ears!"
Victor is keeping his hands on his ears, and he swiftly approaches the nightmarish creature. Victor hits the infected creature in the pelvis with his frontal kick.
"Keep an eye on this infected type; there might be more around the corner. Do not stay in their range; they will turn you into a demon possessed individual.
One of them asks:
"Sir, why are we even here?"
"Zombie killing's never been my thing, ya know?..."