I feel shadows everywhere

Wylan sat in the carriage looking out of window at the beautiful scenery every so often he would turn to gaze lovingly at Jesper and kiss him on the lips, Jesper took Wylan's left hand and said 'Ah here we are, welcome to our new home my beautiful star'. As the carriage turned the corner and moved up the gravel path Wylan saw the house from his childhood that held so many nightmares and bad memories for him, he was so focused on the house that he hadn't realised the carriage had actually stopped and the footman was stood holding the door open for him. 

Jesper got out first and held his hand out for Wylan as he said 'Wylan we've arrived my love' Wylan stood up and stepped out of the carriage, and as he gazed up at the mansion he had to admit that it looked slightly different than it did when he was child. Jesper handed him the keys and said 'I know this house was your childhood home and times weren't always happy, but I want to make you happy Wylan my beautiful star', Wylan smiled and blushed all at the same time and after a couple of minutes he walked up to the front door and opened it. 

As he pushed the doors open Wylan half expected his father to come running at him shouting at him, telling him he was worthless and stupid. But instead he saw that the house was still furnished but the oil paintings of Wylan and his mother that once hung in the hallway were gone, Jesper walked in and gently took hold of Wylan's right hand and said 'Well what do you think my love do you like it' Wylan nodded and said 'I love it, I thought not being here for so long would help me to forget but stepping back in here now into these familiar rooms I feel shadows everywhere'. 

Jesper looked slightly confused as he said 'Shadows' Wylan turned around and Jesper wrapped his arms around him gently pulling his husband into his chest as Wylan said 'Their not shadows I'd say their more like Ghosts', Jesper bought his lips to Wylan's forehead and placed a soft but loving kiss in the middle before softly saying 'I know you've told me that your father was cruel to you, but would you tell me more in detail. And you never mention your mother'. 

Wylan had never spoken to anyone about what happened to his beautiful mother, but he wanted him and Jesper to have a perfect marriage and that meant telling each-other everything, the doorbell ringing caught Wylan's attention but he quickly said 'Tonight when everyone is gone and we're lying in bed together I will tell you everything'. Jesper smiled and kissed Wylan on the lips before walking into the hallway to answer the door and soon the house was filled with the voices of the Kaz and the other crows, as everyone sat down around the table in the dining room which was filled with delicious looking food, Wylan leaned towards Jesper and said 'My love where did all this food come from, did you rob the market'. 

Jesper let out a little laugh and said 'No my love I did not, but this lot did and they had it delivered this morning. I told you I wanted everything to be perfect for you my beautiful star'. As the night went on Kaz told everyone to gather outside it was a little Chilly so Jesper placed a jet black blanket over him letting it fall down his back like a cloak, Inej rubbed her arms clearly feeling the cold as she said 'Come on Kaz what are we doing out here it's freezing'. 

Kaz took one of the fire torches from the poles and used it to light the fuses on some fireworks he quickly moved back as they shot up into the sky, creating beautiful patterns leaving nothing but smoke as they disappeared. Wylan, Jesper and the crows talked, and danced the night away and as the clocks struck midnight Kaz and the crows left leaving Jesper and Wylan alone to enjoy their wedding night, Jesper had just closed and locked the front doors and he turned around expecting to find Wylan stood behind him but instead he saw Wylan at the top of the staircase completely naked and standing in a rather sexy pose. 

*~*~*~*~* 

Jesper walked up the stairs to where Wylan was stood before sweeping him off his feet and carrying him bridal style to the master bedroom, as Jesper walked into the room carrying him Wylan looked around realising that the new master bedroom was one of the guest rooms on the south side of the house which over looked the lake and fields. Wylan also noticed a bunch of beautiful wild flowers on the bed which had the softest sheets and a huge silk sheet on top and huge bouncy pillows to rest their heads on, it was far grander than his room at his chemical workshop or his sleeping mat at the tannery. 

Jesper gently placed Wylan down on the bed before undressing in front of him once all his clothes were discarded on the floor he pushed Wylan back onto the bed before leaning down and kissing him passionately on the lips whilst his hands explored Wylan's beautiful body, feeling Jesper's hands on his body made Wylan feel warm and alive having been touch starved for most of his childhood but as he turned to look at their reflection in the huge mirror he noticed that his star powers were showing and he was shining like a star. 

Wylan tapped Jesper on the shoulder Jesper propped himself up on his elbows and said 'My love are you okay, do you need me to stop' Wylan shook his head and pointed to the mirror as he said 'No I'm good. But look you've made me shine', Jesper turned his head to the left to look at the mirror and he smiled when he saw his beautiful husband shining like the beautiful star he was. The moon was their only witness that night as the two consummated their marriage before laying in each-others arms under the silk sheet, Wylan broke the silence by saying 'It's time I told you about what my father did to me, I'll also tell you about my mother as-well'.

"I was born on a cold winter night in December, the labour lasted much longer than anyone thought and when I was born I didn't cry straight away. But as my mother held me in her arms I started to shine just like a star, and I survived. 

You know I can't read, well my mother was teaching me but I was such a slow learner, and then one day she became very ill and the doctors told her to stay in bed. One morning I woke up and found her bed empty my father told me she'd been taken into hospital, and I couldn't visit her until she was feeling better.

Over the years my father hired many tutors to help me learn to read but they all treated me horribly, telling me I was stupid or worthless sometimes they even hit me if I got something wrong. I ended up covered in bruises and welts from belts and canes, most nights I cried myself to sleep but my father always came in and hit me because I was being too loud. 

The abuse carried on for so long, and then one day I was getting a book from my fathers study when I found a letter from the matron at Larks Asylum saying that my mother had died and had been buried two days ago, I felt so betrayed and I didn't want to face my father because I knew he'd be angry and then I found a letter saying that my father planned to disinherit me so I ran away. My father watched me go so he sent his henchmen after me to kill me, I rode as fast as I could to the docks but they shot my horse down and left me for dead on the side of the road that's how I came to meet Kaz he took me to Ketterdam and when I woke he was gone. 

Over the years he's sent me letters tormenting me because he knew I couldn't read them, I couldn't bare to open them so I left them unopened and hid them away in a chest under my bed at the Chemical workshop. This house holds so many bad memories for me but I have a few good ones as-well, I remember when my mother bought me a horse for my 9th birthday Damson was a beautiful Black Friesian with a long flowing mane and gorgeous blue eyes that shone like stars, I had her for so many years and then my fathers henchmen shot her". 

Jesper wiped the tears from his eyes with his left hand as he held Wylan in his right arm, Wylan looked at Jesper and said 'Oh my love I didn't mean to make you cry'. Jesper shook his head once before placing a soft kiss to the top of Wylan's head and then said 'No my beautiful star you didn't make me cry, I'm just so sorry that you endured so much pain. I promise you that I'm going to protect you and never let anyone hurt you ever again, you are and always will be the most precious person in my life'.