Chapter 2

Ivana looked in the crappy mirror of a nearby bathroom.

She huffed at how boring it looked but at least it did the job

She huffed at how boring it looked but at least it did the job. She rubbed her exposed legs before sighing. She's too recognizable like this. She looked around before looking back at the mirror. Something only her species can do. Kind of like chameleons. Her skin slowly shifted color. Sounding like something being sanded down. Her skin turning from red to a brown color. Her horns shrinking but not leaving her body. Her tail remaining it's red color though. It wagged before she curled it and stuffed it around her waist under her coat top. She ruffled her hair which covered her still existant small horns. Her eyes didn't change though. She turned away and walked out. Her shoes barely making noise as she walked out of the store and into the street. Humming as she walked off. People walked around her. Paying no attention to her.

She turned and walked down some stairs. Humming as she walked through the bar door. Hearing two guys arguing about a game. She looked over as they started getting physical. Smiling deciding to join. She took one step towards them but a hand reached and and grabbed her collar yanking her towards the back room. "Hey! Let go!" She yelled. Feeling his skin against her neck, she could tell it was Hunter. She could also smell his scent. Especially from this close to her. He smelled like sweat, residue from his guns, and caf. Lots and lots of caf.

He threw her forward and she would've hit the table but Wrecker caught her. "Woah! How did you change your skin?" He lifted her up like a kid. She wriggled. "Let me down!" She kicked at him like an actual kid. Dropping her she landed on her feet. Cid sitting at the desk looking unimpressed. Ivana sighed and put her hands on her waist. Glaring and pouting at Hunter. He crossed his arms and looked annoyed. "We have enough problems already. Stop causing more!" Looking more angry now. "I didn't even do anything yet!" He steeled himself. Trying to look intimidating.

She smirked and glanced to Tech. She could tell he was scanning her. Because of her skin change. "Where did your tail go?" Tech asked. She uncurled it and wagged it before curling it back up again. "I was too recognizable. So I fixed it." Hunter and Cid remained unimpressed. The door slid open and Omega came running in. Without looking she knew. Everyone had their own smell. Wrecker smelt like actual gunpowder and more sweaty. And smelt like smoke and smelt like the city. Tech smelt like burnt wires and sweat. She has met Echo. He was here when they arrived. Along with someone called Rex. Echo smelt like mechanical oil and lots of dust. Rex smelt like some weird sewage water and droid oil or fuel and gas of some type. Omega smelt like gunpowder and ship oil and sweets. The only one to smell like that.

Cid smelt so bad she had to cover her nose sometimes. Like fish oil, alcohol, and drugs. Aaaaaanyways.

"Shut up! I have another job for you." Cid sounded cranky. She opened a drawer and tossed it to Hunter. He caught it easily. "Get going dark and broody. You have three days." Hunter frowned more but walked out. Everyone but Ivana following. She looked back at Cid. "What? Waiting for a goodbye? Go! Leave!" She tried ushering her out. "Cid. Don't make the wrong decisions for the right reasons." She just sent a slight glare to the girl before Ivana turned and left. Walking out into the bar area. A man saw her and whistled. "Damn baby girl. Need a bit of cash?" Ivana glanced over slightly but was interrupted by Hunter. Yet again. "Ivana. Are you coming or not?" He was standing at the doorway exit. She smiled to him and skipped over. Turning the corner and running up the stairs. The man scoffed as he watched them leave.