1. You stayed

In life, a lot of people ask me for relationship advice. There's two things I know that you can do, you can leave, or you can stay. I always knew when I fell in love with him, that he'd be the one. The one worth fighting for. The one worth staying with. He stayed. I was known for my reputation of writing about boys & breakups. However, I never needed to write about our breakup, because we never broke up.

When I was upset, or mad, he didn't run. He stayed. I couldn't ask for anyone better than him. He was so tall, and handsome as hell. I'm happy to have found him, I honestly thought I would never find the right guy.

When I met him, I just knew he was the one. There wasn't a doubt in my mind about it either. My 6th album had just been released two months ago. I don't think I could remember the last relationship I was in where I was this happy. I don't know if ever was this happy with any guy. When I was with him, it made me the happiest girl alive. I know that real love is a tough thing to find, but I think I've found it. Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead end street. Passionate as sin, and when I was with him the rest of the world was black and white,but we were in screaming color. I don't care what people say about me anymore. People think I'm a slut,whore,hoe,etc. I haven't dated anyone other than him in a year. People are so judgmental.

Tomorrow is our anniversary. Our one year anniversary. I can't believe it's been an entire year. I've never had a relationship last this long. I may seem crazy, but I think I want to marry him.

Our love is something real, something not many people get to experience in their life. A lot of people settle for their something, even if they know they can do better. I wasn't going to settle for someone that didn't love me. I didn't want to be with someone who ran away when I yelled, or screamed because I was upset.

I know that this love is ours. It's something no one else can have. I only experience it when I'm with him. Even when I'm just thinking about him, I get tingly. I can't contain myself. I'm the romantic type of girl. I can't help it if he looks like an angel.

I may be known for breaking up with guys, but if Adam and I broke up, I would be crying for days. It's not the kind of relationship you just get over and move on with. We have a connection,so to speak, more or less a bond. A bond that can't be broken. Something that even despite all the drama, I live with. I can't help but wonder what my future will be like. Will I ever have any kids? If so, how many? Where would we live? Will I still be singing in ten years?

All I know is that when I wake up in the morning I want to wake up next to him. Not anyone else. Just him. I can't imagine being with anyone else and it's so hard to hide my feelings, but at the same time, i don't want to hide them either.

He's sitting next to me right now. We're at the Brits awards, where we met. His arm is resting on my shoulder. I rest my head on his shoulder as they announce the nominees for the "best DJ" category. I know he's going to win but I'm still nervous. My hands are shaking and my knees are wobbly. I'm so happy for him, even though he hasn't even won yet.