Love You Forever - Bela Dimitrescu

The castle walls seem more haunting at night. Without the bustle of the staff joking and laboring throughout the day, a heart-lurching silence overcomes the halls. In the silence, Moroaica lurks.

Their groans blend into the darkness, barely audible. Bela begins to wonder if she can hear them at all, which concerns her enough to fight sleep.

Honestly, that's not why she's wide-eyed at three in the morning. No.

That role belongs to the sleeping beauty tucked carefully in her arms. Eliz. She sleeps soundly, her mind off to distant lands. She sleeps as if Bela couldn't take a bite of her side and suck her dry. Bela wouldn't dare, though.

How can Eliz feel so safe in a place like this?

Bela concluded, after a raw confession from her girl, that she offers Eliz security. According to Eliz, just standing near her relaxes her body and mind.

Life-changing.

Bela Dimitrescu: master in murder, torture, manipulation, and wine, makes someone feel safe. An enchanting woman, who she adores at that. Oh, how she loves Eliz. Cassandra often teases her, but she couldn't care less.

Eliz sees her: the good, the bad, and the frightening. Eliz listens to her long-winded rants and offers advice. She loves hard and praises. She kisses soft and adoring but aggressive when needed. Her smile meets her bright, kind eyes and evokes a rush to Bela's dead heart.

Eliz consumes her mind. Every interaction. Every blemish and beauty mark. The one tight curl at the nape of her neck. Bela even memorized the different sparkles of colors in Eliz's eyes. No matter the thought, her attention leads back to Eliz.

Bela's obsessed despite spending ten years and eight months with Eliz.

Eliz can't leave. That's too much pain. Eventually, though. Her age will show, and she'll die.

Now, don't get her worries twisted. Bela will still treasure Eliz. No matter the age and appearance. They've experienced too much. The fear of never basking in the warmth of Eliz's hand or cherishing the crazed crackles from a well-timed joke again plagues her.

Eliz shifts closer to Bela, taking a deep breath as she repositions. With a tender gaze, the blonde combs her fingers through her girl's dark locks. Daniela blew her hair out earlier in the day, making the strands easier to go through. Her eyes trained on the shiny strands of white beginning to sprout from Eliz's scalp. They're just barely noticeable beneath the fireplace's gentle light: merely another sign of what's to come. Eliz will die while Bela lives on forever.

No.

She can't continue after finding and losing the love of her life. Her confidant. The only person who understands her.

"What's on your mind, love?" Eliz's soft yet deep tone reverberates through Bela's mind and breaks her from spiraling thoughts.

Bela releases a shakey spurt of air. How does she begin expressing her crisis, and when did Eliz even wake up?

"It's nothing," Bela decides, wishing not to keep her lover up. Humans are fickle. They need proper rest to function.

Eliz uncurls herself from Bela, much to Bela's displeasure. She presses her palm upon the pillowy mattress, using the stability to lift herself. Her back settles against the cool headrest. Bela sighs at the loss but mimics Eliz's movements.

The pair turn to face each other, sitting shoulder-to-shoulder. Their fireplace offers light, the flames swelling and swaying with yellow heat as the two observe one another, eyes flickering across their expressions.