𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐑. Or at least that's what she was starting to think. Up until recently, Nathanial had been nothing but a mere thought in the back of her head, but now it seemed as though he was everywhere. Before, Margot didn't have to worry about him because he was always off in some exotic location, with an exotic girl on his arm, probably going through more women than he did underwear. But now, Margot had a problem and its name was Nathanial Clairmont. He had moved to New York City, which was just about the only place that Margot felt was far enough that she would never have to see him again, at least not often. Now, her safe haven, her city, was infiltrated by him. 

He was everywhere, it seemed. She didn't believe in supernatural forces, but she was starting to wonder if the universe was purposefully trying to push them toward each other. Maybe this was some kind of bad karma for Margot, to have to see him everywhere she went. 

Hell, she couldn't even go on a date without seeing him there. 

"So, how was work today?" Tom asked, and Margot didn't loosen the tight grip she had on her fork as she was forced to watch Nathan at the table with some blonde floozy, a flirtatious grin on his face. She could only imagine the spiel he was giving her, probably the same one he'd given Margot the night they first met. "Earth to Margot?" He furrowed his brows, following her vicious glare until his eyes landed on Nathanial. "Ex boyfriend?" He guessed, and Margot curled her lip in disgust. 

"God no," she scoffed. "I have standards, and I wouldn't go near him with a ten foot pole. He's my boss's cousin," she explained. "As you can tell, I hate him."

"That's Celia Clairmont's cousin?" He questioned, glancing over his shoulder again to get a better look at him. "Nicholas, or something, right?"

"Nathanial," she corrected, almost instinctively. His blonde companion reached over the table and grabbed his hand, and when he didn't pull away, Margot wanted to throw her steak knife at his head. Her anger was uncalled for, especially since she was here on a date with this guy who was nothing but perfect, and he had come and ruined it. 

It was like he was constantly trying to remind her that he existed. 

"Why do you hate him so much?" Tom asked her, and the question was innocent enough, but she didn't feel like going into full detail. "There's gotta be some kind of story there, right?"

"I guess," she shrugged. She wasn't exactly going to tell this stranger about her hot make out with him that happened in her freshman year of college. She didn't want to sound obsessed with him, because she wasn't. She couldn't stand the guy, and she spent most of the time wanting to bash his head in. "He's your typical rich guy, and a total douche bag. I mean, look at him." Nathanial was spoiled as a child, that much was obvious. He was the only child, and he never had to work a day in his life because he had his grandpa's trust fund to fall back on. Or in Nathanial's case, a trust fund to blow on all kinds of excursions around the world. 

He was nothing like Celia nor Sebastian. Yes, they had money, but they also had the ambition to do something with their lives. Celia had Clairmont Couture, and Sebastian had his grand father's real estate business. Their whole lives they had goals, things they wanted to work toward; they had aspirations. That was one of the main reasons why Margot respected Celia as much as she did, because everything that she built for herself was a result of her blood, sweat, and tears. She knew what she wanted, but she was prepared to work for it because Celia Clairmont never expecting anything handed to her. 

Her cousin Nathanial was the exact opposite. 

"Let's just ignore him-" Tom tried to suggest, but that was the exact moment that Nate's eyes scanned the restaurant until his eyes landed on her. For a moment, he skimmed past her then did a quick turn around when he met her scathing glare. The blonde across from him was too busy gawking to notice him flash a condescending grin at the two of them, which made Margot feel as though she were going to burst into flames.