𝐓𝐄𝐍

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒. She pinched her eyes shut, hoping that this was all just one big dream, but it wasn't. As Margot ran a hand across her head, she remembered why she never drank that much, because she always paid the price the next morning. On top of her nightstand was a glass of water, and before she could even think to remember why it was there, she gulped it all down in one go. Celia must have left it there for her last night. Through the door of her hotel room, she could hear people talking in hushed tones in the living room, but the pounding in her head was so loud that she couldn't fathom the thought that Cece was talking to someone in there.

She glanced down to see a t-shirt on her body, that she didn't remember putting on, and slid on a pair of shorts from her suitcase as she made her way out of her bedroom. Margot cracked open the door and rubbed her eyes, adjusting to the sunlight now streaming in through the window. She froze in place when she saw him there, looking as radiant as ever, in a pair of black sweats and a navy blue t-shirt. And suddenly, memories of last night came flooding in, and the first thing Margot felt was absolute mortification. She'd made a fool of herself last night, telling Nathanial that she'd loved him. Margot meant every word that she'd said to him, but that didn't mean that she had any intention of him ever knowing how she really felt about him.

Humiliation aside, Margot also couldn't deny how happy she was to see him. In some strange way, it almost felt like there was a weight lifted off of her shoulders, knowing that everything was out in the open now. But, she was also terrified of laying herself bare for him, only to find out that he didn't feel even a fraction of the feelings that she felt for him.

Celia and Nate's conversation paused when they heard the creak of the door, and Margot managed to muster up a small smile for Celia. When her eyes locked with Nathan's, she noticed a small, almost timid smile on her face, and Margot felt her stomach churn. I love you. God, why did she think that saying that was a good idea? He obviously didn't feel the same way about her, because he would have said it back if he did. Surely he was going to end things with her the second that Cece left, and he was just waiting until she was sober enough so he wouldn't look like a complete asshole. "You're here," Margot murmured, still slightly in shock. She'd hoped that it was all just one big dream, and that she could pretend like everything from last night had never happened. "I thought I'd dreamt that up."

In typical Nathanial fashion, the boy in front of her winked and replied with, "Glad to know you've been dreaming about me." She narrowed her eyes into a glare, feeling bile begin to rise in her throat as her stomach churned even more. She stifled a groan and replied with, "I think I'm going to puke." Nathanial had the audacity to roll his eyes at her and got up from his spot on the couch. "Come on, I thought it was funny."

"No, Nathanial. I think I'm going to puke." She clasped a hand over her mouth, just as a look of realization fell over his face. "Oh," he replied, immediately following behind her as she hurried into the bathroom and crouched over the toilet, and held her hair back from her face as she spilled her guts into the toilet bowl. "There, there. Let it all out," he coaxed, rubbing gentle circles onto her back. Behind her, Margot could hear him start to dry heave himself when Celia entered the bathroom. "Maybe I should handle this one," she suggested.

"That's probably best," Nathan agreed. "Don't you worry, babe. I'm an expert at hangovers. I have just the cure for you." If Margot wasn't crouched over a toilet bowl right now, she might have fixated on the fact that he'd just called her babe, but she couldn't focus on anything right now, really. "Go fuck yourself," Margot croaked out. One thing to mention was that she wasn't the friendliest person in the morning, let alone when she was hungover and felt like some kind of zombie. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and glanced at him through sleepy eyes, seeing him smirk. "I did. Last night," he replied, which only earned him a grimace from Celia as she replied with, "Now I'm going to be sick." Nathan flipped her off in response and fled the bathroom leaving the two girls behind.