𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒. That's how long Margot had spent ignoring Nathanial since that night at the party. He hadn't been ignoring her, though, because like clockwork, he called every single day. Nathan left voicemails, text messages, and had flowers sent to her apartment. He had promised her that he was going to make Margot give him a second chance, but she hadn't expected him to actually follow through. As annoyed as she was with him, Margot also couldn't deny that it was nice to feel desired for once. 

She was only slightly drunk when the phone rang again. She glanced up at Celia, sat directly across from her at the table in the bar. Margot recalled the words of Emily, that she should make him jealous. The next time the phone rang, she boldly reached for it and answered the phone, and Margot hated the way that her stomach flipped when she heard his voice on the other line for the first time in three days. "What do you want, Nathanial? I'm out." Margot tried to keep her voice cool and unbothered, but she had missed him, which was something she hadn't expected to feel about Nathan of all people. 

"Finally," he replied. "It's been three days. I was starting to think you'd never answer the phone. I was about to resort to carrier pigeons." She could hear the smirk in his voice, and she downed the last of her drink for a bit of liquid courage before she spoke again. "I'm aware of how long its been. I'm glad you can tell time, though."

"Why is it so loud? Where are you?" Margot smirked when she realized that he almost sounded panicked at the thought of her being somewhere having fun without him. "Is Cece with you?"

"Not that it's any of your business, Nathanial, but I'm out."

"Oh yeah? Well, you must not be having a good time if you decided to answer the phone then. You know, it's okay for you to admit that you missed me. Because I missed you." She was so close to giving into him right then and there. I missed you. He had missed her, and he had actually said the words. She glanced around the table, noticing that all eyes were on her, and Penelope winked. She was supposed to be making him work for it, wasn't she? 

"I appreciate the interest, but there's about six guys in this bar who have asked for my number tonight, so I think I'd rather talk to one of them instead." As much as Margot wanted to hear what he had to say, she hung up the phone before he had a chance to get any words out. She felt that Nate deserved to sweat a little after everything, so it was only fair for Margot to get even. Less than a minute later, Celia's phone began to ring, and Margot smirked, toying with the straw of her empty glass. Celia was on the brink of laughter listening to him on the other line, and Margot took pride in the fact that she'd managed to have that much of an effect on him. 

"It sounds like you're going to give him an aneurysm," Penelope chuckled, nudging Margot with her elbow teasingly. Celia let out a loud giggle and pulled the phone away from her face, shaking her head. Margot was supposed to be pretending like she didn't care about him, but she wanted to know what he said. "What did he say?" She demanded, trying not to sound too eager. "Do I want to know?"

"Oh, he's jealous alright," Celia assured Margot, and the words made her lips turn up ever so slightly. Point, Margot. 

"So, how are we feeling now?" Emily asked her with a raised eyebrow.

Margot uncrossed her arms from her chest and her face broke out into a wide grin as she replied, "I'm feeling like it's time for shots." At the mention of the words, Penelope's face broke out into a bright smile, as she placed a hand on Margot's shoulder and assured her, "Honey, shots are my specialty."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

Penelope wasn't kidding about the shots.