Chapter Six(Nahum's POV)

The woman stretched out her hand to Deborah but she shuddered and started walking in the other direction. I followed her, and saw her squat after a while. With tears rolling down her cheeks, she turned to me.

"Was that the lady that sold you the Cheetos?" she breathed heavily.

"No..but more importantly, are you okay?" I looked into her eyes.

"That doesn't matter...please go ask that lady if she's okay." she insisted, still crying.

"Sure."

I walked back to the house and saw the woman sitting there, on the porch. She looked up and spoke first.

"By the looks of it, she was surprised. She didn't come on purpose. Why did you guys come here?" she asked. She spoke so gently.

"We wanted to meet the lady that sells snacks near this place."

"Oh, that's my flatmate. She left to visit someone just before you guys came." she smiled at me.

"Deborah told me to ask you if you're okay. Are you alright.. ma'am?" I asked her, maintaining eye contact.

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine. Please do me favour and tell Deborah that I need to see her and talk to her."

"That's good to hear and I'll surely let her know." I said, then started walking home.

I saw Deborah sitting on the ground and squatted to almost meet her level.

"Let's go home" she said with a weak voice.

"What about your change?" I chuckled.

"Forget it."

When we got home, she headed straight to the room and I explained everything to Elliott. I was pissed that Elliott took down the entire bag of Cheetos and I went to the room.

"Can you not?" Deborah snapped.

"What?"

"I want to be alone, you know."

"Well, only one bedroom and I want to nap. Sorry. By the way, that lady said that she really wants to talk to you."

"Uh..okay."

A whole week went by and Deborah hadn't spoken to her mother. I tried to stop myself from talking to her about it. We were already running out of cash so Elliott and Deborah started doing a few part-time jobs. I actually tried to handle some jobs but I just messed things up. As a reward to themselves, Elliott and Deborah bought grilled chicken on a Saturday night. We were all outside talking and laughing. The cool wind blew Deborah's hair to her face and that chicken tasted great. It was the best time ever. Until Outtagetus ruined the fun.

It appeared from nowhere and used it's limbs to grab our legs tightly. Real tight. We were all struggling to free ourselves from its grip and Deborah looked at me and mouthed, "we'll be fine, right?" She looked at me, helpless. I turned and saw Elliott groaning in pain. I remembered it.

The taser in my pocket. I reached for it and managed to fold my body so my hands would reach my legs and the "body" of Outtagetus that gripped my leg. It delivered the electric shock quickly and it let go of Deborah completely. Deborah tried to run into the house but it stopped her. It threw her against the tree and moved it's fingers in her direction which made the ball of her upper arm bone to pop out of her shoulder socket.