epilogue!

(Deborah's POV)

few years later...

"Hello, how can I help you?" the young lady said. Nahum and I came out that day to get me a dress for Mr. Grimaldi's birthday dinner. Grimaldi was Nahum's friend and he worked at Ross Electronics too.

"We're hoping to find a dress for a pretty girl." Nahum replied. I smacked his arm and the lady chuckled.

"Right this way."

Nahum and I checked them out but nothing really caught my attention.

Anyways, I took a short yellow summer dress, just because I wanted too and six dresses to try on for the dinner.

I went into the dressing room and after trying on all of them, I went with a royal blue off shoulder dress. It looked perfect. I took it off and walked out with all the dresses in my hands.

"Why didn't you wear it for me to see?" Nahum whined.

"You'll still see it." I pointed out.

He let out a breath.

"Let's go, Ross."

"Okay, this will be five hundred dollars and the other one is three hundred."

Nahum brought out his card but I held his hand.

"I'll pay, it's fine." It really was. My first book had been doing really well and I could even afford to leave Nahum's house. We were neighbors though.

"Just let me." he pouted. I buried my face in my palms.

The lady handed me a receipt after he paid and we walked out.

It was Friday the 13th. Vivica's birthday. The day she left us too. We were going to the river today to meet her then to Mrs Lancaster's house to meet Elliott, just because.

I knocked on Nahum's door then he opened almost immediately.

"Morning." I smiled.

"Let me get my phone and I'll be outside." he said.

"Uh-uh, I'll drive." I said after he came out.

"Just today."

We went to the place where Vivica was murdered.

"Hi Viv." Nahum smiled.

"Happy birthday!" we said at the same time.

He signaled to me to talk to Vivica, by nodding his head in my direction.

when I came to Ross' place I was lonely. Until some girl just kept disturbing me. You taught me how to have fun. You truly cared and wanted to me to be happy. You're my family.

I choked up and started crying. Nahum wiped my tears and said a few words to Vivica.

We sat on the ground and just took in the aura of the whole place. The last time we were here it had a smell of pain and struggle but now it was.....peace.

I drove to Ms. Lancaster's house and we knocked.

"Who is it?" she called out.

"It's Bora and Nahum." I replied.

She opened the door.

"Oh, please come in, kids." she grinned.

"Hi, Ms. Lancaster." Nahum said and shook her hand but she pulled him into a hug then hugged me too.

"How are you two doing?"

"Well my book is doing better everyday."

"That's great but that's your book. How's Deborah?"