Chapter Eight (Deborah's POV)

I woke up around eleven to use the bathroom and the door was locked from inside.

"Nahum?... Elliott?"

"Bora, it's me. Just wait a little bit."

"Number 2?" I laughed.

"Haha..so funny." he answered sarcastically.

He came out and when I was done, I came out to see him still waiting outside the door.

"I wanted to give you another massage before bed. Is that okay?" Elliott asked. How could I say no to those angel hands of his?

"Sure thing." I led him to the couch.

"You looked off when you came back from your mum's place this morning. Did y'all fight?"

"Uhh..well..yeah. It wasn't a big deal anyways."

"Message received."

"What?"

"It's not that hard to tell that you don't want to tell me about it. Pretty obvious."

"Nah.. we just talked about Jeremy and she called him my father."

"Isn't he?"

"Well, he is, biologically. He never acted like a real dad to me and she knows that better than anyone."

"Don't let it work you up. You got to see your mum again and you're now sure that she's safe. Don't let something like this pull you guys apart."

"It just feels like I may never be able to fully face the ghost of my broken family."

"I think you did. You and your mum are together now, focus on that."

"Alright" I said and he hugged me. This may have been the first time Elliott hugged me. I placed my hands around his neck and he grabbed my waist. It was just a hug but it was, everything.

"You gotta grant me a wish, remember?" Elliott smirked.

"You won by default. Just let it go." I pointed out.

"I'm still the winner and you're just in denial."

"What's this wish anyway?" I rolled my eyes. His next words left my throat dry.

"Date me" he chuckled. "..I really like you, Bora." he said moving closer to me.

I blinked. I didn't want awkward silence but I didn't know what to say. I liked him too but what about Viv? I didn't think it was respectful of me.

"Hey, earth to Bora. Say something."

"I..uhh" I stuttered. Oh my God. What was this?

"You gotta say the words so I know I'm not in this all by myself."

"I like you but.." I trailed off.

There was just inches in between us. Elliott placed his thumb against my ear and his palm on my neck. I looked up at him. I felt his breath. I wanted to kiss him so bad. I wanted to give in. He gave me a triangle stare.

"Do I have permission?" he whispered. Wait...did he copy that from Gu Won in King the Land? That's crazy. This was just Elliott being a gentleman. I closed my eyes and moved closer in agreement. Our lips met. His tongue darted into my mouth. Damn. His other hand moved to my waist. His grip tightened. I pulled away and gave him a smile. He did too. He kissed me again.My hand found his neck with my fingers in his hair. Whoa..was I a bad person for this?

He literally carried me to bed and told me that he thinks Vivica would want me to be happy. Was that really the situation or that's what I wanted to believe for my piece of mind? I couldn't even talk to Nahum about this and worst of all, I wanted to kiss Elliott again.