Chapter Eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN - UNEDITED

"Oh, you are so dead you asshole" this Carls person grunted as she pushed past Josh and the girl who was gripping onto his arm, looking equally as horrified as I was.

"Carly wait listen, I'm sorry! She was throwing herself at me!" he said defensively as this Carly person grabbed him by his ear, twisting it between her thumb and index finger.

My mouth fell open at his words. "No the fuck I was not" I shouted back as I got off the counter, shamefully picking up my underwear off the floor.

Carly turned to me sighing, "Relax, I know you didn't. He's a fucking liar and a whore." She turned to Luke, "We are so done Luke. Move your shit out of my apartment before I get home or I'm leaving them on the streets." she said as she kicked him in the crotch.

He doubled over in pain as she left the bathroom, leaving us all stunned.

I think she might be my new idol.

Josh looked at me, his face void of any of his earlier annoyance. His expression was unreadable as he said, "I didn't think you were the home wrecking type".

Anger flared up inside me at his words. I tugged the hem of my dress down further so I wouldn't flash anyone as I pushed past him and the girl that was clinging to his arm, muttering a "Fuck off" as I rejoined the party.

That little interaction managed to sober me up really quickly. I needed to get home and I needed to do so now. I felt dirty. Ashamed. And Josh's words did not help.

Homewrecker.

Funny how the woman is always labeled the homewrecker and never the man.

I pushed my way through the drunken bodies, making my way outside. The cool air of the early morning caressed my hot face. I closed my eyes, basking in the feeling.

"Nice ass" a voice behind me called interrupting my peaceful moment.

I turned around to flip the person off, but Josh beat me to it. The guy was standing leaning over the gallery's balcony, smirking at me annoyingly. Josh walked up behind him, successfully causing him to topple over into the shrubs with one push.

"Hey! What the fuck man?" the guy yelled from the bushes.

Josh ignored him, walking up to where I was standing. He grabbed my hand, prying my palm open and placing a soft object in them.

"You dropped this" he said, his face as stoic as ever.

My underwear.

I pulled my hand away, gripping the underwear in my palm as my face burned red with embarrassment.

His gaze travelled from my face to my arm where the small crescent indents were still bloody and visible.

His eyes darkened, "What happened to your arm?" he demanded as he once more took hold of my hand.

I pulled my arm away. "It's nothing. Call it the mark of a homewrecker." I said, turning to walk away.

He walked around me, stopping in my path so that I would stop walking. I rolled my eyes, annoyance beginning to bubble up inside me.

"Tell me who did that to you Ivy" he said, angrily glaring at me.

Ivy. He's never said my name before. I wasn't sure he even knew it until now.

"WHY DO YOU CARE?" I shouted back causing him to recoil.

He took a step away from me, masking his previous anger as he replied in a low hushed tone, "Who said I cared?"