Cruel Destiny

Vote please 💗

Jemisha Pov

Overburden is a most troublesome feeling, but this world doesn't stop being a burden on us with its unrealistic exceptions; sometimes it gets too much to handle. I don't know how much is too much for me, but one thing is clear to me: my fear of this ocean is extreme. I don't know what rivalry we had with each other, but it needs to end soon if I want to be successful in my plan. I can't let him mock me for my failure and ruin my plan every single time.

The ocean shares a unique relationship with Bhairav, and I don't know why it protects him, but this relationship needs to end soon.

I was so close to him this time, so close that I could kill him today itself, but the lady with hazel eyes became the rock of my way with the ocean. The sudden attack of the ocean shakes me up, and so does the scream of Veer. I don't understand how he appeared in my dream; something went wrong, but what?

My body couldn't take the attack, and I lost control and felt weak. It was Veer who helped me get control over myself and calmed me, but when he tried to ask me questions, I kissed him, trying to distract him, because neither I have the energy to cook up a new story, so I did what I thought was right. I used to distract him, and it worked very well, and he lost himself in me.

But he is smart enough to catch my tricks, but he drops the topic. This man became a part of me. and I don't know how I will leave him behind before the war. I didn't want to hurt him, but the things were not in my hands, and I could protect him only if I made him lose a piece of his memory and let him leave his life like every normal human being without having any Isha or Jemisha in his life. But I don't want to do any injustice to him.

"Like you aren't doing it already". My fire said.

As usual, I ignored her useless comment.

He was outside, and here I was still on my bed, naked, waiting for him. When he didn't return after a few minutes, I knew he was going to take some time, so I got myself into some clothes and walked inside the kitchen for some food.

The door opens and veers inside the house. He looks stressed and rubs his temple. I quickly went toward him and hugged him tightly.

"You take too much time", I complained.

He slowly pulled me away from himself and opened his mouth, trying to tell me something, but closed it again.

"What happened, Veer?", I asked worriedly.

"I had to leave right now", he said lowly.

My head snaps toward him in shock, and dread fills my heart.

"What does that mean, Veer?", I asked him in disbelief.

"I have to leave Isha; something urgent has come off, and it requires my urgent attention ", he said monotonously, walking toward the trunk to take his belongings.

"And what about me, Veer? You can't leave me like this", I croaked.

"I'm sorry, Isha, but I can't take you with me", he said while collecting his things.

"So, you're going to leave me like this between these strangers", I yelled at him.

This situation is making me restless.

"I know, but I can't put you in danger; she is already in danger", he said calmly, cupping my face in his large hands.

"Who?", I asked, and he gave me a confused look.