A Hammer & A Nerd (Nobara Kugisaki🍋)

You and Nobara are both 18. You're welcome.

-

Walking into the classroom being ready for another day, you see Nobara, ready to meet you as you enter.

Nobara: "Name's Kugisaki Nobara. You're a lucky boy, Y/N. I'm the only woman in your group."

She looks down at you with a hint of disgust on her face and huffs.

Nobara: "So you're the guy I'm supposed to work with? Gross..."

Nobara frowns and hesitantly extends her arm for a handshake. You handshake Nobara, not fazed by her remark.

Y/N: "Nice to meet you too."

A shocked look comes across her face, as if she can't believe you aren't bothered by her blunt attitude.

Nobara: "Well, whatever. We're gonna be working together the whole year, and I'm not your friend, we got that?"

She puts on a smug face and crosses her arms in satisfaction.

Y/N: "Right."

Nobara scoffs and crosses her arms.

Nobara: "Let me spell this out for you... As your classmate and coworker, I will not hesitate to beat you up if you prove to be an idiot. I won't hesitate to use my cursed technique if you piss me off."

She looks you in the eyes and huffs, waiting for a response.

Y/N: "I'm no coward."

Nobara smirks at your words.

Nobara: "Good for you, I guess. Anyway Y/N, we don't have much time to waste. I wanna get going already. So let's work together for now so we can get this over and done with quickly."

While her attitude is blunt, there's a clear care for her studies in her words.

Y/N: "Whatever you say, Nobara."

Nobara rolls her eyes and sighs.

Nobara: "Ugh... Just make yourself useful... Don't slow me down."

She then turns and starts working on their assignment in a quick and efficient manner at her desk. You only scoff slightly, and then get to work. However, you can't deny her beauty. A while into the assignment, she notices you staring at her. Nobara glares at you.

Nobara: "Are you spacing out or... staring at me?"

Y/N: "I'm just making sure I'm not the only one working alone on this."

Nobara crosses her arms and raises an eyebrow in suspicion.

Nobara: "Fine, whatever."

She keeps working, but occasionally looks over in your direction as if checking if you're actually doing your part or not. You keep doing your part, not even looking back at Nobara. After a few minutes, Nobara turns to you and huffs.

Nobara: "You know... you're a lot more useful than I initially thought. I guess I underestimated you, Y/N. I'm still not your friend, though."

Y/N: "That's fine by me."

Nobara: "Hmph, good."

Nobara smirks and returns to working. A few seconds later, her smirk disappears and she looks concerned.

Nobara: "The deadline is getting closer, I hope you know that..."

She continues working and the pace is more urgent. You put in your best efforts yet towards the deadline. Nobara seems satisfied with your efforts and keeps working as well. She looks over in your direction.