14

Five's Pov

The night before, after Y/n confessed her dark secret, Klaus called me a few hours later warning to chat, so I gave in. Klaus said he wanted to talk about "business", but I knew it was about Y/n. I told Klaus to come to LA immediately. As my stay here was extending, and I guess I missed the weird guy. And so, I was picking him up from the airport.

"Get in," I said as I rolled down the dark-tinted windows.

"Lone time so see, little brother." Klaus grinned before getting in the car.

I drove away, leaving the sound of tires squealing behind. I took a turn to get on the highway, speeding up as we headed back to my place.

"So, Five?" Klaus asked, while staring at me with a perky smirk of his face while holding a bottle of alcohol in his left hand, and then I realized I missed his annoying ass.

"What?" I asked, my gaze on the road.

"Y/n Hargreeves?" His tone was sarcastic, but then again, when wasn't it? This man was a walking tease. "Hargreeves?" he repeated, emphasizing his point.

"Life's full of surprises, isn't it?" I glanced at him for a short moment before focusing of the road again.

"Holy fuck, you're serious?" Shock flooded his eyes. He started clapping shaking his bottle of alcohol. "Young love," adjusting himself in the seat. "What about dad?"

"Don't worry about dad. I'm a big boy," I stated, despite being well aware of the meaning of his words.

"Yeah, but y'know. Dad is, well... dangerous."

"So am I," I said coldly.

"Wait- wait a minute." He took of his pink sunglasses before staring at me. "Are you tryin' to imply you'd go against the plan for dads student?"

"If necessary, than yes," I asserted firmly. "And this stays between us Klaus, I mean it."

Klaus gasp and turned back to me. "Don't worry, little brother. I wouldn't tell a soul." Klaus stated. "And plus, you're probably my favorite brother," laughing between each word. "So, what now? I thought you were the one going along with this plan?"

"It was never about me, Klaus. It was about getting revenge for him almost killing us" I clarified.

Klaus tilted his head, scanning my face as if trying to find words to say.

"We stop the apocalypse, but, reminding him of what he did to all of us. He never loved us. He never was a father figure. Not me. Not even you," I said, clenching the the steering wheel. One thing Y/n and I had in common was the feeling of not being worthy of love. Although me being stuck in the apocalypse, for years, I never got to know what love is. There was no place for love in a world where all that mattered was power.

"Wasn't the plan for you to get information on dad from Y/n, and kill her after?" Klaus asked, slightly hesitant.

"Yeah, that was the plan." I clenched my teeth, trying to keep plan out of my head. "But I can't let that happen."

"What do you mean?" I didn't have to look at Klaus to sense the confusion written of his face.

"I can't let Y/n die."